Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mobo and CPU problems

Options
  • 06-08-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Got my new motherboard (Asrock z97 pro4) and cpu (i7 4790k) yesterday and threw them in and freshly installed windows, Worked fine straight off booted and installed the drivers for the motherboard. Then trouble, after installing the software it restarted to finish installation. But it hung in reboot and i had manually power off, Now i am having trouble booting, tried a fresh install and same again ran fine first time and didn't reboot, second fresh install didn't install drivers straight off only the necessary ones and updated the bios. wouldnt restart again after bios update and still failing to boot. Any ideas where the fault may ly?

Specs
    i7-4790k
    Gigabyte Geforce 770 4gb GPU
    asrock z97 pro4
    Samsung evo ssd 128gb
    2 x WD hdd's
    Corsair C600M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,258 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

go to the motherboard OEM site find your support page and verify the CPU you purchased is on the list of supported CPUs. Assuming it is, your motherboard vendor will assist you in correcting the issue.

Advertisement