Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 Repair Help

• 06-08-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Past few months my lightning port and battery seemed to be giving me problems and more recently the charging port didn't seem to work.

I decided to do the repair myself since I never had problems doing some before, just not on a iPhone.

Anyway, today I started the repair. All going good till I decided to put the screen back on. I noticed near the home button/Earpod jack there was a "bump" and the screen wouldn't go back on, is this normal? Or should I put some extra force down on it to close.

One other thing, decided to switch on the phone to see if it would work. Turns on but there are faded black lines about 1" in lenght and 1/4" in diameter coming down from the top of the screen. Would this just be a connection problem?

Thanks, hopefully can be sorted. I spent longer than hoped to spend on this already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Screen problem is fixed but I cannot seem to close the iPhone properly.

Should I force it closed and then screw in the 2 pentalobe screws to secure it?

Edit: All problems fixed. A part of the charging port was in incorrectly.

Advertisement