Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Interview/Information Session

Options
  • 06-08-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I received a letter from the Social Welfare office the other day which reads:
    "Re:Interview
    With reference to your Jobseeker's Claim, you are requested to attend an information session with a Case Officer (followed by the date and location, etc.)"

After this it says:
    "In order to update our records, please complete the attached form and bring it with you to your appointment."

However, no form came with the letter. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever received a letter like this.

I also want to add that I only recently applied for BTEA, and have been formally accepted, so I found it strange that they want to see me for an interview now and I'm just hoping it's nothing serious.

If anyone could shed some light on what an information session with a Case Officer entails, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you been accepted onto a course? Just go along and tell them your going to college and they'll be very happy with you, nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

They probably know nothing about you going to college and just want to make sure you are still seeking employment. Go to the meeting with whatever bits and pieces ya have, ID, Sw card, College acceptance, etc and explain that you will be starting college in September.

They'll more than likely send you on your way. These meetings are, like I said, checking that someone is making an effort to find employment and if they are unable to, they start sending you on FAS courses etc

You'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 _Anita_

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    They probably know nothing about you going to college and just want to make sure you are still seeking employment. Go to the meeting with whatever bits and pieces ya have, ID, Sw card, College acceptance, etc and explain that you will be starting college in September.

They'll more than likely send you on your way. These meetings are, like I said, checking that someone is making an effort to find employment and if they are unable to, they start sending you on FAS courses etc

You'll be fine :)

Thanks for replying; I thought so too, but it was only a couple of weeks back (but after I'd been accepted to college) that they asked me to send on proof that I was looking for work. I'm just hoping there's nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

Hi did you get a letter confirming that you got btea,as I have applied 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet,thanks

Advertisement