Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing alterations

Options
  • 06-08-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for the best place to get pants and skirts turned up .. Had a look on the zip yard website and saw skirt alterations from 12.50€ .. Seems steep to me but I could be wrong.. If anyone knows some cheap alternatives I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GKee-fabrics/159776597379872

Georgina at G kee on Barrick street.

Got a suit altered a few weeks ago. Great service. My Mam gets loads of stuff done there. Very good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Got a suit altered a few weeks ago. Great service. My Mam gets loads of stuff done there. Very good work.

Seconded. Excellent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LNF

Unfortunately I have had an awful experience with Threads of Wexford and wouldn't return there for anything. I think they have a Waterford shop too. Be careful and make sure to have a personal recommendation from someone who has used the service. As I have learned, some mistakes cannot be repaired and clothes can easily be ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi I'm looking for the best place to get pants and skirts turned up .. Had a look on the zip yard website and saw skirt alterations from 12.50€ .. Seems steep to me but I could be wrong.. If anyone knows some cheap alternatives I'd really appreciate it!

When you think that this kind of work is 'one off' - every job is different, cutting other people's clothes is a responsibility, and each job requires a certain amount of time to do, certainly to do well - €12.50 isn't a lot, its barely basic wage plus the cost of rent, electricity, insurance, rates (which are horrendous in Waterford), machines etc etc.

Advertisement