Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I did it!!

• 06-08-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

Hi all. For ages the thought of making soup from scratch daunted me. Today I bit the bullet and gave it a go and guess what? It turned out better than I thought :) It was just a plain vegetable soup but it's something that even yesterday I thought I would never do.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Good for you! It looks delicious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

That looks lovely!! I have been putting off making soup too. Any chance of the recipe if you get a chance (if you would recommend it?

Thanks

Sarah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

sarah88 wrote: »
    That looks lovely!! I have been putting off making soup too. Any chance of the recipe if you get a chance (if you would recommend it?

Thanks

Sarah

Check out the Souper Soup thread too, there are lots of nice recipes in there :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68791687

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

sarah88 wrote: »

Thanks

Sarah

I diced 2 carrots, 1 parsnip, 3 average sized potatoes and one small onion. I put them into a litre of water and boiled til soft. I then added 2 vegetable stock cubes and simmered til they dissolved thoroughly. I blitzed til I reached the desired consistency with a stick blender and that's pretty much it. You can add different vegetables to it if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Frozen veg is good for soup, add potatoes/rice the thicken & stock cubes.....blend when ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Thanks a mill will be giving thus a go. Great I'l take a look at that thread, I don't know how I missed it (I'm a bit of a stalker around these parts).

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

You're welcome Sarah88. Any veg frozen or not is good for making it.

Advertisement