Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse Recommendation

Options
  • 06-08-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I was looking to buy a wireless mouse,specifically for use with design software like autocad,sketchup,revit and photoshop..

I was in the local Currys store today and they didn't have much of a selection,one which they did have that caught my eye was the Logitech Performance MX..however it was only the demo product on display and had none in stock...

Anyone any experience using this mouse by any chance?,am open to suggestions also..

Cheers:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I had a performance MX for a few years but changed recently to a M705.
    Even though I really liked the Performance MX it was very big and it didn't feel right in my hand.

Love the M705 I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

You could try a Mac mouse not sure if it would work on a windows but there alot more percise than most other mouses!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

SickBoy wrote: »
    I had a performance MX for a few years but changed recently to a M705.
    Even though I really liked the Performance MX it was very big and it didn't feel right in my hand.

Love the M705 I have to say!

Thanks Sickboy,will have a look at that, might have to resort to buying one online as the only stores around me are currys and click,not much in either of them... when your using this thing in your hand for 7 hours a day,might as well get one thats comfortable at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

celticsfan wrote: »
    when your using this thing in your hand for 7 hours a day,might as well get one thats comfortable at least :D

The thing with me was I really liked the Performance MX and it was something I would use for many hours a day.
    I didn't realise until I used a much smaller Logitech VX Nano Laser travel mouse that I was getting the same accuracy as the Performance MX but it felt better in my hand, it just felt like it required far less effort to use. Then I started pawing mice anywhere I could to see what felt best and one day I came across an M705 in a friend of a friends house and I used it for a bit and (pardon the pun) it just clicked with me.
    The long story short, try as many as you can before you buy.

SickBoy wrote: »
    The thing with me was I really liked the Performance MX and it was something I would use for many hours a day.
    I didn't realise until I used a much smaller Logitech VX Nano Laser travel mouse that I was getting the same accuracy as the Performance MX but it felt better in my hand, it just felt like it required far less effort to use. Then I started pawing mice anywhere I could to see what felt best and one day I came across an M705 in a friend of a friends house and I used it for a bit and (pardon the pun) it just clicked with me.
    The long story short, try as many as you can before you buy.

Smooth pun action there haha, I might make a trip up to Dublin at the weekend anyway to get to grips with a few different options..

Thanks for the advice folks,appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the G700 is a good mouse, lots of options for on-the-fly precision tweaking (from like 200 DPI to 5000 DPI I think? Not at my laptop right now to verify via driver) but extra mappable buttons would allow you to use them as different functions in your programs. I only recently for a summer class ran adobe CC so for the projects I engaged in I didnt spend any time mapping commands while I got my grips on Photoshop, Illustrator, Muse etc. but yeah, easy to map a thumb key to the eyedropper or eraser, cut/paste, line/poly/circle, undo/redo etc. and unlike other "MMO" mice these extra buttons all have a unique tactile feel to them so you're very unlikely to mistake one button for the other

Other favorite feature is its wireless plus data-over-cable, so I just keep the cable on my desktop and the nano-receiver on my laptop, makes it very easy to just toss the mouse into my bag and head out the door without need for multiple mice or reconfigurating. batteries installed are also off-the-shelf rechargable AA so you can buy spares but the battery should last over a day on normal performance modes, a few hours on high/max sensitivity.

Just a quick follow up on this lads, i got the Logitech g700s,cracking mouse and fits perfectly in the hand,the ability to assign functions to the buttons and record macros (which is easy to do with the downloadable software) makes this a great mouse for my needs..

Cheers to the folk in this thread for their recommendations too!

Advertisement