Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2-4 week holiday abroad ideas

Options
  • 06-08-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Guys,

I have a full month off work and am considering a long holiday abroad, probably to mainland Europe. I'm looking for something with a good adventure and cultural experience so not your usual 10 lads in Santa Ponsa/Magaluf job!

I'm thinking maybe Portugal, The Netherlands, Belgium or around central Europe. I don't mind what kind of holiday it is - it could be 2 weeks in a desolated quiet village in Luxemborg for all I care as long the price is quite cheap. I would even consider working while over there to keep the costs low - maybe staying with a family or a few people and working to earn my keep. I would actually enjoy doing that.

So as you can see, it's mainly a holiday for the experience of seeing a bit more of the world and meeting new people. I'm not interested in a big drinking session abroad at the moment and just want to feel some foreign culture, while keeping the costs low.

I've thought about inter-railing but the cost of that is fairly high (approx. €1500) if you want a lengthy time of it. Maybe inter railing in one country?

I'm open to any suggestions guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I'm also in the same boat. I have 6 weeks off from December to February. I would love to go somewhere for 4 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

OP what is your budget for the month? And when do you intend travelling?

Usually when I have a month off I go long haul but transport to these regions is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Cyprus.....weathers good all year round, not too long of flight

Advertisement