Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple trees

• 06-08-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Apple trees

Are there apple trees that grow to a reasonable height that don't require spraying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Adrian4 wrote: »
    Apple trees

Are there apple trees that grow to a reasonable height that don't require spraying?

Size of most Apple trees nowadays are bread on a type of roots stock to control size and health. M9 is a small size no more the 3m and with pruning it can stay at 1.5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What are you spraying them for? Serious question, I've never sprayed any of my 7 apple trees?
    I've had to spray my two Victoria plums due to the fact that aphids seem to go mad for them, but they leave the apple trees alone (so far touch wood)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement