Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo on turtle beach px5's

Options
  • 06-08-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever have problems in party chat with these ? When in party annoying echo for my friends but I can't hear it.heard it a common problem with turtle beaches but anyone know how to fix it? Using them with xbox one and ps4.. Think they kinda on way out anyway might have buy something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Do all your friends hear the echo or just one or two?
    Something similar happened to a friend of mine,and adjusting the sensitivity of the microphone helped. He has a set of turtle beaches as well.

On PS4 its under: Settings=>Devices=>Audio Devices=>Microphone Level.

Move the slider to the left a bit to reduce the sensitivity

No idea where the setting is on Xbox 1. Worth a try anyway before you chuck em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Seems be all of them. I'll try it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Happens on my x12's when the volume is too loud on the headset itself.

That's on PC.

Happens on my x12's when the volume is too loud on the headset itself.

That's on PC.

So how do you tweak it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

brady12 wrote: »
    So how do you tweak it?

Well the X12s have a volume control as part of the headset so I normally just turn that down and turn the volume up on the PC.

• Advertisement

Been messing with settings all morning after some googling so hopefully it fixed. Just have wait until some one comes online. Funny thing is issue is only ps4 on xbox one it is fine no one complains

I managed get rid of echo but now people can hear me in party chat but I can't hear them talk?help?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I managed get rid of echo but now people can hear me in party chat but I can't hear them talk?help?

Sounds like a NAT issue, are your ports open on your router?

PS4 and Xbox One require slightly different ports than the old machines open, have a look on PortForward.com and see can you find steps to sort it...

It's issue with headset I can chat with standard headset. When in party chat Seems be issue with where I plug chat cable into headset. When i plugged in. I talk and lads can hear me but I can't hear them. When I plug cable out of headset I can hear them but sure then I can't talk to them

It's issue with headset I can chat with standard headset. When in party chat Seems be issue with where I plug chat cable into headset. When i plugged in. I talk and lads can hear me but I can't hear them. When I plug cable out of headset I can hear them but sure then I can't talk to them

I had something similar with a headset of mine that used to work, got a software update, stopped working for a few months - then another update seemed to re-enable it, maybe it could be a FW issue?.

• Advertisement

I haven't updated it lately though

I haven't updated it lately though

The PS4 itself?

Maybe try give that a go if you haven't, can stick it on a USB if you have no internet access near the PS4...

Fieldog wrote: »
    The PS4 itself?

Maybe try give that a go if you haven't, can stick it on a USB if you have no internet access near the PS4...
    laptop getting fixed at mo too so can't yet. Disaster :(

Advertisement