Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agents in Letterkenny?

Options
  • 06-08-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently doing up a house with the intention of renting it out via a letting agent and getting them to do most of the running. Does anyone have any good personal experience of using letting agents? If you've bad experience, it might be best to PM me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Moore properties in letterkenny have a very good reputation.

There are also a few that I would avoid like the plague, one in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

If you advertise it and deal with the tenants yourself, you could save a lot in fees over a period of time.

If you get good professionals into the house and get them to pay the rent by SO, there's no real reason why a letting agent would be required at all.

I haven't seen my landlord in 3 years and my friend also hasn't seen nor heard from theirs in almost the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thank you both. We'd be first-time letters so are pretty ignorant about all the mechanics of it, hence looking for an agent. But you're right; doing it ourselves would save a decent amount of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Thank you both. We'd be first-time letters so are pretty ignorant about all the mechanics of it, hence looking for an agent. But you're right; doing it ourselves would save a decent amount of money.

Whereabouts is the house you're letting? send PM if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

You'd have a much longer list of places to avoid. You're best bet would be to go private just make sure that you've got everything done properly as in PRTB registered contract drown up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

CJC999 wrote: »
    Moore properties in letterkenny have a very good reputation.

There are also a few that I would avoid like the plague, one in particular.
    I would very much second this recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

If you advertise it and deal with the tenants yourself, you could save a lot in fees over a period of time.

If you get good professionals into the house and get them to pay the rent by SO, there's no real reason why a letting agent would be required at all.

You could save in fees or it might cost you a great deal of money. Good tenants aren't easy to find. Being a 'professional' isn't always the same thing as treating somebody else's property well and most landlords have had bad experiences with tenants of all sorts of backgrounds.
    Think carefully about it and talk to other landlords in the area before you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Jim moore is a pure gentleman highly recommend him

Advertisement