Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Small Online Shop

Options
  • 06-08-2014 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to start a small shop on ebay selling items like iphone covers,HDMI cables stuff like that. I have a few questions.

Where can i bulk buy these type of items at reasonable cost ?

What rates of tax do i pay ?

How much can i earn before paying tax ?

Do i have to charge VAT ?

Is there a software out there that i can use to calculate tax ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You need to look up dropshipping, this is how these goods are being sold on eBay.
    Revenue.ie will have all details on vat and tax

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Hi
    I want to start a small shop on ebay selling items like iphone covers,HDMI cables stuff like that. I have a few questions.

Where can i bulk buy these type of items at reasonable cost ?

What rates of tax do i pay ?

How much can i earn before paying tax ?

Do i have to charge VAT ?

Is there a software out there that i can use to calculate tax ?

Hello Hollister 11! I'm aware of a couple of your threads and know you're eager to start a business at 18? Isnt that right? I'm currently 16 and setting up my own little product. I used to buy and sell loads on ebay like you want to. (Underage paypal account ;) ) It was good but I thought it was best for me to buy really cheap from ebay then sell on sites like adverts where you could hike up the tax etc. Ebay take a success fee, vat at 23% as Luxembourg tax and loads of other bits and bobs! There's apps you can get to organise all your fees as far as im aware! :)

Advertisement