Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using study desks

• 07-08-2014 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Currently I am refurbishing a room for students. Do students use study desks, or would they just lie on the bed to get their study done. I would appreciate some student comments.

Mods feel free to relocate, however the post should be visible to students.

All comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Personally I'd say yes. I'd rather have a desk to study on as opposed the bed. One needs space for writing, laptop etc. I would/always have used a desk to study at, as most others do! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

James 007 wrote: »
    Currently I am refurbishing a room for students. Do students use study desks, or would they just lie on the bed to get their study done. I would appreciate some student comments.

Mods feel free to relocate, however the post should be visible to students.

All comments welcome.

If putting a desk in a room make sure there is ample space for a laptop, books and writing materials to be open at the same time otherwise it's pointless and a waste of space. Sockets within easy reach of the desk are needed too...laptop, desk lamp and printer could need power at the same time so having sockets on the opposite side of the room won't be beneficial.
    Chair needs to be comfy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Cheers for the advice, we will go for a quarter circle desk in the corner of the room. Something like a 800mm radius. Is that sufficient. We are tight for space and it does need to look right too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

That thing is a monstrosity of a yolk, not the kind of thing that I would be looking for. However I may make a rectangular shape with a circular cutout similar that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I vaguely remember reading a few years ago (when I was a student looking for accom) that there should be a desk available in the room in digs accommodation, so having a desk in a room would be a good idea.

When I moved into rented accommodation, I bought one of these . Not the sturdiest ever made, but lasted me for over 5 years of hardship, so worth it. They also have a corner unit, which may take up less space.

That corner unit is exactly what I would be looking for. The shelving under may not be ideal if one wants to stretch the legs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement