Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert- easy subjects to pick up for repeats

• 07-08-2014 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Looking at what subjects are easiest to learn in one year!

Engineering
    Construction
    Ag science
    Business
    History

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

all depends on your background Ciaran being 100% honest.

if your are a bit techy/crafty Engineering and Construction could be an easy one

if your from a farming background/ Health orientated background ag science and Bio would be good

Business would be a bit tough as would history unless your naturally drawn to these types of subjects.

I took up Ag science in my repeat year and found it easy but i was already doing Honours Bio and knew a good bit about farming.

Have a look at the papers quickly and see how much of them you can answer without having done it before, also whats your interest in.

hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciaran8

all depends on your background Ciaran being 100% honest.

if your are a bit techy/crafty Engineering and Construction could be an easy one

if your from a farming background/ Health orientated background ag science and Bio would be good

Business would be a bit tough as would history unless your naturally drawn to these types of subjects.

I took up Ag science in my repeat year and found it easy but i was already doing Honours Bio and knew a good bit about farming.

Have a look at the papers quickly and see how much of them you can answer without having done it before, also whats your interest in.

hope it helps

I would have a farming background and that's why I'm leaning towards ag but then my oul fella is a carpenter and I think I'd be fairly hadn't at construction to! What do you think would be easier to get a honours grade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

best thing to do is to jump in a class for both for a week or two and see what you think of each. dont think its a case where this is a subject you can just let be and it will sort itself out.

This will require a lot of work still and you also have to think of the bigger picture as to what helps you on the next step in life after you finish. Its a well known fact that you dont need certain subjects for course ect but they sure do help.

I am an engineer now and having done physics in school greatly helped me through college and gave me a good basis for this as did honours maths

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciaran8

best thing to do is to jump in a class for both for a week or two and see what you think of each. dont think its a case where this is a subject you can just let be and it will sort itself out.

This will require a lot of work still and you also have to think of the bigger picture as to what helps you on the next step in life after you finish. Its a well known fact that you dont need certain subjects for course ect but they sure do help.

I am an engineer now and having done physics in school greatly helped me through college and gave me a good basis for this as did honours maths

I was looking at exam papers there and ag science looks a lot easier and more familiar! I did geo already so I have good knowledge on the soils so that helps! I did physics and struggled with it unfourtunetly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Ciaran8 wrote: »

Engineering
    Construction
    Ag science
    Business
    History

Economics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

thelad95 wrote: »
    Economics.

Considering there is no non-exam component, I agree that Economics is the single best subject for repeaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Joey!!

Economics is probably one of the most manageable courses to do in one year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

You will spend the majority of 6th year in Construction studies on practical tasks like your project and day practical so being good at carpentry is fine however you have most likely missed 90% of the theory of the subject which you will have to learn by yourself and has very little to do with carpentry unless you know the carpentry from building a house

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

Engineering and Construction are very practical. i spent most of the time on that side of it and ended up just cramming the theory

Business is academic. a lot to learn and maths in the business. a background in it would help or maybe a head start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

Ciaran8 wrote: »

Engineering
    Construction
    Ag science
    Business
    History

I'm thinking of repeating this year. I'd say pick the subjects you all ready did in school. I'm picking English,biology,geography,home ec, art. I never did ag science but it relates to biology and a bit of geography. Also everything bar English and biology are practical :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement