Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under Cabinet lighting

Options
  • 07-08-2014 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to do it. Basically I just want one flourescent mounted under a cabinet in the utility room. I have a double socket on a tiled splash back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Buy a flourescent fitting thats the right size,stick a flex and plug on it.plug it into ur socket and clip the cable nicely on the wall if possible.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Fluorescents have gone out with the Indians for this type of application IMHO.

This type of LED lighting on a roll is a good way to do it:

Although his handy work needs a little to be desired :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A under cabinet light and get supply off your socket via a suitably fused plug top is one nice easy cheap solution. You can easily add more afterwards and alot are simply plug together.
    For more initial investment is led, depending on use you will see return on your investment. Some great led products out there, ones with epistar led chips for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Sound. I'll take it off the receptacle so. Should have said I will be using an led tube :)

Advertisement