Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIFT [2014] - Who's still around?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 6:50am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I know there was a RIFT thread before but it's sunk a few pages back and didn't want to re-bump as I'm sure the game has changed a lot since my last visit to that discussion.

I had played before quite a few months back yet I ended up uninstalling as my Warrior felt boring over in Freemarch (Eth) but with more spare time I went back to it - And took it more seriously.

Quite enjoying it, though it might also be to do with swapping from Warrior to a Cleric-Shaman (still Eth) and played hard enough to hit 41 after a couple of days, mostly through spamming warfronts and the occasional instance group.

Any serious Irish guilds on the Defiant side, or even just players in general?

I've gotten a better grasp of things the second time around (bloody nightmare having to constantly rotate through the hundreds of purchase tabs to try and keep gear relevant, from real money stuff, to rift gear (doesn't have it's own tab in the store from what I can see) and faction/pvp bits but I'd like to think I've got a decent geared 40'something with an understanding of how the character works, so be nice to maybe play with people in the same boat.

If not, well, feel free to discuss Rift type stuff :D

New patch today - Logging in shortly to see what the fuss is about!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Still playing & raiding. Feel free to /w me - maybe I can craft you some gear if you are on Gelidra - Moiran@Gelidra.
    The factions are largely irrelevant nowadays from an game play pov unless you play on Bloodiron.
    And I wouldn't worry about gear until you are 60.
    Afaik there are no Irish guilds, most guilds are international with some Italian, Russian and Dutch speaking guilds.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I've been meaning to get back to this game, last time I played only got to level 53 or so and after coming back found it hard to remember how the character was played :) I remember there was a guild with quite a few people from boards and Ireland, I think it was called Immortals if I'm not mistaking.

Yea that's our guild (Immortals of Gelidra, i'm co-leader). All the irish guys stopped playing a good while back; but we are still around :P

Haven't logged in for the patch today yet - but everybody is up in arms about the AH changes (fixed non-refunable listing fee, one of the most stupid moves Trion has ever made IMO. And they made some big booboos :P). Looking forward to giving the new Pyro a twirl though :) - and checking the extent of the nerf to SC hybrids - (sniff 2 weeks of happiness :P while warriors had their OP tempest specs for over a year !)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I've actually only recently started playing it About 5 weeks. Enjoyed it so I spent €3 on an original box to unlock some bag slots. Haven't played it the last week or so. I rolled a cleric healer/tank so I can get groups at the drop of a hat. I do enjoy the open raid groups for the rifts and other events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Back after my exodus at the f2p update more than a year ago to get ready for 3.0

Decided on making a new mage character rather than jump back into one of my level 60 chars. Is it worth buying the new souls?

• Advertisement

Depends if you want to tank with your mage then yes. All of the new souls very pretty well received but you can play perfectly fine without them.

Nightmare Tide expansion announced for October 8! Earlier than most people thought.

Advertisement