Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays - how to being money!

Options
  • 07-08-2014 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going on holidays to America in a few weeks I have saved quite alot of money and am unsure whether to leave in my bank and withdraw in €500 goes or to bring it someother way?

Any advice please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Carriexx wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going on holidays to America in a few weeks I have saved quite alot of money and am unsure whether to leave in my bank and withdraw in €500 goes or to bring it someother way?

Any advice please :)

Why not just use your credit card while there and then pay it off immediately when you get home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Front loading a credit card is a good idea, but just remember not to put all your eggs in one basket, have a contingency plan (ie, if you lose your card, have cash and vice versa)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Depending on the amounts you're talking about, and how long you're going for, if I had $1,000 I'd go to the post office, put $600 on one of their cards, $100 in cash (so you don't have to scrabble to find an ATM immediately) and the rest on my own credit card, and leave my own credit card in the hotel safe most of the time.

Advertisement