Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant Dundalk.Coachmans tea rooms Dundalk

Options
  • 07-08-2014 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

In case anyone missed the report on the journal.ie

Seven closure orders served on restaurants and a food stall in Ireland last month

Seven closure orders have been served on food businesses in Ireland last month for breaching food safety law

Sur La Mer (restaurant), Station Road, Rosslare Strand, Co Wexford
    Monsoon Valley (restaurant), Unit 5, Building 2, Retail Park, Bundoran, Co Donegal
    The Swiss Cottage Kitchen (restaurant), 400 Swords Road, Santry, Dublin 9
    Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant, 1st Floor, 88 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co Louth
    Ruposhi Indian Restaurant, 1 Whitworth Road, Dublin 9
    Heaven’s Cakes (food stall), trading at the English Market, Grand Parade, Cork
    The Coachman’s Tearooms (restaurant), Dublin Road, Dromiskin, Dundalk, Co Louth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

They were closed for about two or three days. Back open now. Well, The Golden Dragon is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

http://talkofthetown.ie/2014/08/06/dundalk-restaurant-served-with-closure-order-by-food-safety-authority-of-ireland/
    Explaining the closure order to Talk of the Town, a spokesperson for the Coachman’s said: “We were closed due to the water being brown due to pipework being done in the area. We were granted a lift the next day when it came back.”

The Coachman’s insist the problem was beyond their control and that everything has been running smoothly since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The coachman's was a single day due to the water being brown as a result of work being done on the mains. And it was in early July!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

I was in Golden Dragon last Friday and it was jammed. Wonder what it was closed for? May not be going back in a hurry..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Duff wrote: »
    I was in Golden Dragon last Friday and it was jammed. Wonder what it was closed for? May not be going back in a hurry..

You can see a list of closure orders updated daily here.

Most of these were lifted a day or few days later.
    Minor offences that might or might not have anything to do with food safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Temperature monitoring in the Kitchen i was told re Golden Dragon. Not the refrigeration so not a major issue with food safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Temperature monitoring in the Kitchen i was told re Golden Dragon. Not the refrigeration so not a major issue with food safety.

What exactly does that mean then "temperature monitoring in the kitchen"?
    Is it leaving cooked/uncooked food lying around on benches in the kitchen outside the fridge/freezer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

No, it doesn't mean "leaving cooked/uncooked food lying around on benches".

It means failure to monitor temperatures.

How would you possibly get what you said out of what the other poster said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

The vaguery is non intentional the ruling that required a very short period of closure was due to the lack of a temperature monitor in the kitchen. What this has to do with food safety I do not know as it was noted, importantly, that the required storage units were there and appropriate temperatures recorded. Now I shall hazard a guess that it may have impact on working conditions for staff, as if kitchens heat up to a certain point staff are entitled to so many breaks...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No, it doesn't mean "leaving cooked/uncooked food lying around on benches".

It means failure to monitor temperatures.

How would you possibly get what you said out of what the other poster said?

Keep your drawers on.
    I was only enquiring as to how a restaurant gets shut down over temperature in a kitchen and asked if food was involved. We're all not experts like you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement