Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats all the digging on Thomas St for?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭

It's been going on a while, and they must have dug the entire street, from Bridgefoot St to Bow Lane roughly. It's not just a pipe or cable, the street has been dug deeply from one footpath to the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭paulpd

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JohnWyne

This job was supposed to be finished this month, yet they've only started digging Thomas st in last few weeks, so it is way off schedule. Don't know the reason why but I do travel past nearly every day for the last year and they appear to be digging up the same sections of footpath over and over again. In comparison to the luas cross city works, which are progressing well in very congested streets, this James st/Thomas st looks to me as a bit of a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I must be on glue. I passed Thomas street this morning, and the surface was largely complete and staff were removing traffic cones and barriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭donaghs

they're still digging today!

Advertisement