Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral Cats

• 07-08-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In my workplace, there has been a growing amount of feral cats around. They are breeding very quickly and there seems to be a batch of kittens every few months, one group very recently.

Is there any group or organisation that can help with removing them? I'd like to see them in some kind of shelter, but I'd imagine other business's may take a different course of action. Location is in Dublin, and any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I'm not based in Dublin, but have been in a simiar position regarding cats arriving at our workplace. I was lucky that there was a local animal sanctuary, who have taken 6 of the kittens.

You should get in contact with DSPCA, while they may not be able to take the cats, they operate a cat and release programme, where they will catch the feral cats, neuter them, and release them back. It might not be the perfect solution, but at least is they are neutered, they won't be continually breeding.

HTH

Advertisement