Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Assurance w/high blood pressure

Options
  • 07-08-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

Recently approved for a mortgage and getting the life assurance pieces together. I have a BMI of 33 and my father has a history of heart issues so they requested an independent Medical.
    I completed that and nothing wrong other than: "you could lose some weight and a surprise reading of 148/96 for my blood pressure. I have yearly medicals and never been a problem before.

Any idea what this will do to my application? Is sit likely to be declined altogether or just some loading?

Any advice or insight greatly appreciated.

Best.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might be rated or perhaps even declined. High blood pressure is a classic negative for life assurance underwriting.

Advertisement