Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daystate Huntsman Regal XL

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hello

Anybody here own a Daystate Regal XL PCP.

I'm interested to hear thier opinions as I am looking to get one.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Picked one up last year it's a fantastic rifle. Will put pellet on pellet at 60 yards. Can't fault it I get about 30 plus shots out of it. Mine loves the Bisley magnums.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Picked one up last year it's a fantastic rifle. Will put pellet on pellet at 60 yards. Can't fault it I get about 30 plus shots out of it. Mine loves the Bisley magnums.

Hello riflehunter77

Good to hear positive remarks on the Regal.

Its a great looking gun. Its the last of the three rifles I am considering having shot the HW100 and the Air Arms S510 XTRA.

Is your Regal the 30 ft/lb or 40ft/lb version?

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

HW100S wrote: »
    Hello riflehunter77

Its a great looking gun. Its the last of the three rifles I am considering having shot the HW100 and the Air Arms S510 XTRA.

thanks again.

Mine is the 40 ft/lb one ill PM you later this evening with more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hello riflehunter77

thanks again.

I have the s410 Xtra with custom stock and it runs around 32fpe.

Very accurate and lovely to use.

Down side is the length. Currently thinking of changing to an fx bobcat.

amadablam wrote: »
    I have the s410 Xtra with custom stock and it runs around 32fpe.

Very accurate and lovely to use.

Down side is the length. Currently thinking of changing to an fx bobcat.

The S510 XTRA that I tested is a very good gun and very accurate. Looks great in the walnut stock. It was the carbine model so the lenght is not an issue even with the additional mod.

However I don't like the position of the the safety catch on the trigger blade. My prefernece is to have it located away from the trigger as I don't want my finger near the trigger while trying to make it safe especially in low light conditions.

Do you find the safety position an issue on your S410? Perhaps its not an issue?

The location of the safety catch just below the bolt on the Regal is ideal location IMO.

• Advertisement

The S510 XTRA that I tested is a very good gun and very accurate. Looks great in the walnut stock. It was the carbine model so the lenght is not an issue even with the additional mod.

However I don't like the position of the the safety catch on the trigger blade. My prefernece is to have it located away from the trigger as I don't want my finger near the trigger while trying to make it safe especially in low light conditions.

Do you find the safety position an issue on your S410? Perhaps its not an issue?

The location of the safety catch just below the bolt on the Regal is ideal location IMO.

To be honest, I find the safety location good. I can pull the lever, chamber pellet, get on target and release safety when I am ready without changing position.

I have to say that the Airarms rifles are very well designed and easily worked on and serciced.

Mine is surgical with 18.13 jsb jumbo heavies. You really can push the distances but equally shoot on a lower power if needed.

amadablam wrote: »
    To be honest, I find the safety location good. I can pull the lever, chamber pellet, get on target and release safety when I am ready without changing position.

Ok, this makes sence actually and I will agree with this but I was referring more to making the rifle safe if the shot is not taken. It feels wrong IMO pressing on the trigger blade, even if it is in a sidewards motion, to make it safe. I'm just being picky probably.......:)

Ok, this makes sence actually and I will agree with this but I was referring more to making the rifle safe if the shot is not taken. It feels wrong IMO pressing on the trigger blade, even if it is in a sidewards motion, to make it safe. I'm just being picky probably.......:)

The trigger is good but not that sensitive that you would easily fire a round when putting on the safety. I've put a fair few pellets through mine and never had an issue. If you are not taking the shot, keep your muzzle pointing in a safe direction and apply the safety. Same principle for all firearms. I think if you like the rifle, you will get on with the trigger and safety.

Advertisement