Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for accommodation for 3 months in Maynooth

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

We've just gone sale agreed on a house and need somewhere to stay in the Maynooth area until the sale is completed. This should take about 3 months.

Parents and 2 small kids.

I've searched online and cannot find anything suitable - anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

It might be very involved but Id look for places that are both advertised for rent and for sale on daft. I would always look to see if a place was for sale before considering renting, and then avoid if it was as its not the most secure tenancy. These places would be more open to short term rentals too in the hope theyd sell obviously.

Otherwise you could also look under the holiday homes section and see if theyd do a deal for 3 months. Or there are some hotels in the locality ( cant remember off the top of my head sorry) who do self catering cottages etc and they might also do a deal with you.

We were looking for 6 weeks accommodation when we came home from abroad in the area and it was very difficult! Ended up living with my mum unfortunately. Although we had a very strict budget.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

PBPumpkin wrote: »
    We've just gone sale agreed on a house and need somewhere to stay in the Maynooth area until the sale is completed. This should take about 3 months.

Parents and 2 small kids.

I've searched online and cannot find anything suitable - anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks!

Accomodation in Maynooth is really in short supply and will get worse as college approaches.

I'd advise looking in Kilcock/Leixlip/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is the absolute worst time possible for this - nobody will forego a year lease to students for three months and re-renting in a dead market, even for a big premium on rent. The hotels are a better shot to be honest, or a different town

Advertisement