Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 9 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rowanth

Hey Guys,
    Here is the draft order.

Pick 1 ChocolatePats
    Pick 2 4th down and running
    Pick 3 Rex Ryan's Gastric Bandits
    Pick 4 Is Flacco Elite
    Pick 5 Forte MPH
    Pick 6 9 11 was an inside Schaub
    Pick 7 The Mayo 51ers
    Pick 8 Something to Ponder
    Pick 9 Irish Colts
    Pick 10 Romo To Bryant
    Pick 11 TD Merchants
    Pick 12 Romophobic
    Pick 13 Meadows Macaws
    Pick 14 The Texas Chainsaw Massaquoi
    Pick 15 Deserted on Revis Island
    Pick 16 Team Cobra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

16 teams - going to get very thin talent wise, very quick. Did a 14 team one the other night and even that was rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

kennyb3 wrote: »
    16 teams - going to get very thin talent wise, very quick. Did a 14 team one the other night and even that was rough.

Thats why the boards leagues are that bit more enjoyable. Strategy and the eye for unearthing undervalued talent plus strategic use of the waiver wire are all the more important.

Nothing worse than a crappy 10 team league where everybody has top end talent in every position.

D3PO wrote: »
    Thats why the boards leagues are that bit more enjoyable. Strategy and the eye for unearthing undervalued talent plus strategic use of the waiver wire are all the more important.

Nothing worse than a crappy 10 team league where everybody has top end talent in every position.

Agree - did a 10 team one the other night too and the roster was stacked - basically #1 players at each position.

Was in a 12 team league last year (first year playing) and roster for that was tough, so defo going to find 16 team one a challenge.

I found waivers crucial - think i'd about 2/3 original picks by the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Yep you will enjoy this though.

Generally in a 16 team league 100 points is a winning score. For sure if you can average in the 95 - 100 range your going to be up there challenging for the title and playoff bound.

Unless you come up against Jamal Charles ripping off a 40 pointer in your playoff semi and taking your dreams away from you (I swear Im not bitter ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Usually play in a 12 team league which is a nice mix.. 16 teams will indeed be tough and even more so since i am gonna miss the draft (hopefully make second half of it)-

All that siad, I am still gonna destroy you all.

U mad, bros??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Vanolder wrote: »
    Usually play in a 12 team league which is a nice mix.. 16 teams will indeed be tough and even more so since i am gonna miss the draft (hopefully make second half of it)-

All that siad, I am still gonna destroy you all.

U mad, bros??

Settle for second bud :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Just half an hour to go. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Draft Grade of c- and a projected finish of 13th according to the website think I maybe could have had a better Draft!

Draft Grade of c- and a projected finish of 13th according to the website think I maybe could have had a better Draft!

How do you check that actually?

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    How do you check that actually?

I was emailed it but think if you go to League> Draft Recap you should see it

A for me and projected finish of first with 10-3 record - don't believe it for a second.

Stacked at WR even if I did take Cooper bit early, but got Boldin later anyway.

Bit light at RB i feel, so happy to consider trades.

Happy to have a 2nd QB despite the arguments about it last night during the draft - Rodgers going down last year is another perfect example of why to have a decent back up. With so many players in the league a freak injury and it means you have Glennon/Gabbert etc to pick from.

Happy enough overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

A for me and projected finish of first with 10-3 record - don't believe it for a second.

Stacked at WR even if I did take Cooper bit early, but got Boldin later anyway.

Bit light at RB i feel, so happy to consider trades.

Happy to have a 2nd QB despite the arguments about it last night during the draft - Rodgers going down last year is another perfect example of why to have a decent back up. With so many players in the league a freak injury and it means you have Glennon/Gabbert etc to pick from.

Happy enough overall.

I'm projected 15th lol. Although I think my draft is pretty strong apart from WR. My TE Rudolph is not highly regarded but I expect a big year from him. Kennyb I'm willing to give you a rb for a wr, who you interested in to trade?

I'm projected 15th lol. Although I think my draft is pretty strong apart from WR. My TE Rudolph is not highly regarded but I expect a big year from him. Kennyb I'm willing to give you a rb for a wr, who you interested in to trade?

I'd say the 4 game ban for welker is a big reason for that. You should be fine after.

Had a look at your roster but not fancying any of your RB's either - unless of course you fancy parting with Charles :p

Overall I think a lot of the teams are very evenly matched. I've always found the projections rubbish anyway. Will come down to who your up against on any given week - I've got really high scores and lost and low ones and won.

I'd say the 4 game ban for welker is a big reason for that. You should be fine after.

Had a look at your roster but not fancying any of your RB's either - unless of course you fancy parting with Charles :p

Overall I think a lot of the teams are very evenly matched. I've always found the projections rubbish anyway. Will come down to who your up against on any given week - I've got really high scores and lost and low ones and won.

Yeah I drafted a couple of rookies too. Which doesn't help the ranking. I found it tough to get wr, had to take welker at some point. Hopefully sanders stars in his abscence.

Charles is for trade at the right offer of course.

Yeah I drafted a couple of rookies too. Which doesn't help the ranking. I found it tough to get wr, had to take welker at some point. Hopefully sanders stars in his abscence.

Charles is for trade at the right offer of course.

I'll send you a PM at lunch time with some offers and maybe we can do a deal. If not no worries.

Missed most of the draft but had my rankings done and picks by position selected- Didn't fare too bad, tho i'm an elite WR short to challenge i'd say... McCoy, Gore and S Jackson a decent trio in a league very short on RBs.

A lovely W recorded with Allen still to go tonight. A late check-in to see Newton was IA gave me a scare but his understudy did a fine job.

Irishcolts- lube up :D

A lovely W recorded with Allen still to go tonight. A late check-in to see Newton was IA gave me a scare but his understudy did a fine job.

Irishcolts- lube up :D

Peyton is gonna run wild :D

Anyone have a running back they are looking to trade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

paulie21 wrote: »

Rex Ryans Gastric Bandits

I am open to offers except for Peterson, looking to improve at WR.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Rex Ryans Gastric Bandits

I am open to offers except for Peterson, looking to improve at WR.

Damn read that the first time as open to offers for AP. Was nearly going to offer you all my receivers

Damn read that the first time as open to offers for AP. Was nearly going to offer you all my receivers

Offer noted , i am waiting til the end of tonight games to assess things.

Willing to trade Joique Bell, didn't pay enough attention in draft have too many Detroit players!

I am willing to trade charles or another RB. Charles for topend WR and a good WR. Another running back make me an offer, WR only.

Guys i have put Jordan Mathews and Boykin of GB on the trading block. Looking for WR and RB. Its unlikely i will ever start two GB WR or start the Eagles QB with both TE and slot receiver. Theres a lot of potential with both especially when GB and Eagles offences really get going and better the my view than the Free Agents out there at the moment.

Hope no one was unlucky enough to draft Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson :eek:

Hope no one was unlucky enough to draft Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson :eek:

I have Peterson,3rd pick. Was delighted to see him still on the board instead of Jamal Charles. Now i am not.
    Its not looking good given every thing about the nfls conduct policy during the week i would be very surprised to see him back on the field before he is due in court.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Peyton is gonna run wild :D

Not done yet but i'd say you are safe enough. My boys just didn't perform this week but as always it wasn't for lack of effort. I wish your franchise the best of luck for the rest of the season.

Rex Ryan's Gastirc Bandit's, prepare to feel my wrath.

• Advertisement

Not done yet but i'd say you are safe enough. My boys just didn't perform this week but as always it wasn't for lack of effort. I wish your franchise the best of luck for the rest of the season.

Rex Ryan's Gastirc Bandit's, prepare to feel my wrath.

I think its finely in the balance. Bradshaw wont get many snaps while I see Shady getting around 20 points. Comes down to Reggie for me so! Best of luck with the rest of the year though!

Advertisement