Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

a new forum

Options
  • 07-08-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

I hope the mods don't mind me putting this here.myself and my boy have set up a new forum for all classic vehicles from bikes to trucks and busses.i am on a couple of forums and they seem to have died a death so I thought if there was 1 forum to cater for all it might stand a chance.hopefully it will get used but time will tell.feel free to pop along to

irishclassics.cu.cc

for some reason I can only view it via google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Forums are losing ground to Facebook, and making more forums won't fix that unfortunately.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Not sure how another forum is going to magic up traffic that is lacking on existing forums!

Best of luck with it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I despise Facebook so I'll be sticking with the traditional forum anyway. I'll pop in to have a nose, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Best of luck with the new Forum. The existing ones appear to have gone a bit stale of late and it seems to be the same ten or so lads posting regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Forums are losing ground to Facebook, and making more forums won't fix that unfortunately.

Facebook can go jump. The Jaguar Forums is an example of a vibrant, worldwide forum full of genuine, knowledgeable and helpful enthusiasts, and there are many many more.

OP, more power to you and may the road rise. :cool:

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Facebook can go jump. The Jaguar Forums is an example of a vibrant, worldwide forum full of genuine, knowledgeable and helpful enthusiasts, and there are many many more.

I didn't say all forums, I was talking about forums in general. There is a reason why they go stale, and I think Facebook is a major reason.

Creating another new forum with no USP won't fix that, in fact it actually compounds the problem IMHO.

EDIT: I do think marque specific forums will always be busy, for the tech and sales etc. It's the more general ones that will fade out.

BTW, I'm not a Facebook user personally but I do admin a page and can see the massive amounts of daily users and posts that would make most forums look dormant.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

bugsntinas wrote: »
    I hope the mods don't mind me putting this here.myself and my boy have set up a new forum for all classic vehicles from bikes to trucks and busses.i am on a couple of forums and they seem to have died a death so I thought if there was 1 forum to cater for all it might stand a chance.hopefully it will get used but time will tell.feel free to pop along to

irishclassics.cu.cc

for some reason I can only view it via google.

Hope it goes well, I think its a great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

jimgoose wrote: »

I am a regular user/visitor to jaguarforums.com and I find it a great resource, filled with interesting and interested people. I don't belong to facebook, for a variety of reasons, many of which may be misguided, but it just doesn't strike me as the place to go for my particular interests.

Best of luck with the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

cheers guys for the support and comments.i go on a couple of transit sites in the uk and they are doing fairly well too.i just thought I would try and bring everyone together that has a mutual love of all classics.time will tell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement