Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I have so much glare on my monitor during the day because it's facing a window. I got to thinking about getting blackout curtains or a blackout blind of some sort. Is there anything easier I can do instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Danger781 wrote: »
    I have so much glare on my monitor during the day because it's facing a window. I got to thinking about getting blackout curtains or a blackout blind of some sort. Is there anything easier I can do instead?

Turn it so it isn't facing the window.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Turn it so it isn't facing the window.

Not really possible where my table is at the moment, unless I complete re-orientate my room!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Not really possible where my table is at the moment, unless I complete re-orientate my room!

Sure why not, its good to change things up every now and again, wall sockets etc. permitting!

Recently changed up my home office, still in progress, but have everything stored in a 5' x 5' shelving unit directly behind where I sit, everything on desk and in shelves within reach with a quick spin on the chair!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I've had that problem for years and still haven't done anything about it. Black out curtains is the best options as even when not facing a window when it is night time in the game I cannot see anything if I play during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Stop buying glossy panel monitors!

I remember the first time my brother bought a glossy panel laptop. Looked the business powered off, an exercise in frustration when you actually wanted to use it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Calibos wrote: »
    Stop buying glossy panel monitors!

I remember the first time my brother bought a glossy panel laptop. Looked the business powered off, an exercise in frustration when you actually wanted to use it though.

Sitting in front of a matte here.

It's fine but the colours have been murdered. PC gamers avoid matte typically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Wright wrote: »
    Sitting in front of a matte here.

It's fine but the colours have been murdered. PC gamers avoid matte typically.

Don't know anyone who uses a glossy monitor for gaming, the tiniest bit of light and its a nightmare.

Mine is matte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Also have 2 matte monitors

• Advertisement

Burgo wrote: »
    Don't know anyone who uses a glossy monitor for gaming, the tiniest bit of light and its a nightmare.

Well the hardcore are on TN anyway. But in the case of IPS, coating it with matte is sad, killing the colours like that.

I'm rocking a matt TN panel for fast response times. I will have to get a new panel for faster refresh rate. I'm only on a 76Hz.

I'm rocking a matt TN panel for fast response times. I will have to get a new panel for faster refresh rate. I'm only on a 76Hz.

Pff noob 144hz or bust :P

Where the hell are the Z10 boards? Hard to find youtube reviews, almost impossible to find on amazon uk. What gives?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

Burgo wrote: »

i have a glossy,i hate it. i hate everything about it. my next ten monitors are going to be matte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Heh I've got three glossy..but high contrast screens anyway and I tend to have the room darkened anyway when gaming. Also have a 24" matte IPS spot, there is definitely a trade off with regards to contrast and colour vibrancy on it compared to the glossy screens.

has anyone here got a Mionix mouse? Any good? Got a credit for a dodgy Razer Deathadder and can get an Avior 7000 for ten sqiud more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

1080p browsing is really weird :( I'm not sure if I like it, everything looks tiny.

1080p browsing is really weird :( I'm not sure if I like it, everything looks tiny.

I found text to be much clearer when I changed a few years ago, but I was using a 720p tv.

Compared to what res. do you find it tiny? Try 4K if you want to exercise your eyes :)

glynf wrote: »
    Compared to what res. do you find it tiny? Try 4K if you want to exercise your eyes :)

768p. I think there's a problem with how it's displaying, it's like boards cuts off the last two inches either side of the screen, the rest is just empty space.

Boards_1080p.png

• Advertisement

768p. I think there's a problem with how it's displaying, it's like boards cuts off the last two inches either side of the screen, the rest is just empty space.

That's the way all sites will look on that res. At the side there is empty space. You can zoom in I suppose if you want.

Like the screenshot above? Strange... It was edge to edge at 768p :o Guess I'll have to get used to it.

This is mine.

358921.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

358924.PNG

358923.PNG

Mines a bit different..posts take up the full width of the page if that's what you mean? Probably some browser setting somewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It's the 'use full width' check box in my second picture in appearance settings

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you use the old beta theme (abandoned now) then it auto fills to full width. Also the menu system is 500x better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I love the extra real estate now @1440p,going back now would be very hard i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

That button does absolutely nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have that enabled too :)

LmsfoWZ.png?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement