Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Hey guys, how best can I provide evidence of a receipt or invoice for Sapphire RMA people? Will I take a pic of the original sheet I go in the post (if I still have it)?

Or can I provide any documentation from online records?

I bought the card from Hardwareversand if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gumbi wrote: »
    Hey guys, how best can I provide evidence of a receipt or invoice for Sapphire RMA people? Will I take a pic of the original sheet I go in the post (if I still have it)?

Or can I provide any documentation from online records?

I bought the card from Hardwareversand if that helps.

The order docket in your email from HWVS should suffice.

ED E wrote: »
    The order docket in your email from HWVS should suffice.

The only one I can see is something like 6 pages of German presumably ststing the terms and conditions, and not proving I bought a specific item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I used a screenshot showing my hardwareversand order status from start to finish to prove of purchase to intel.

game4it70 wrote: »
    I used a screenshot showing my hardwareversand order status from start to finish to prove of purchase to intel.

When talking to Sapphire? Should be grand so.

I just sent a screen of my PayPal receipt which matched exactly a screen of the order for the specific product (same charge basically), so should be grand :)

• Advertisement

The time stamps in the ticket system indicate they are 7 hrs ahead... Indicating to me they are in HK.

Which means I can only talk to only reply to msgs from 3AM to 11AM Irish time, which couldn't really be more inconvenient.

RMA seems to be moving along now without resistance, but I have to provide a video of the fault, and of course I can't provide that until later after work, by which time it'll be 3AM before I get a response.

If their RMA centre is in HK I could be in for a long wait and pricey shipping, but I think I can get worldwide 3 day shipping with Fedex for 70% off with work so that'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ubisoft have broken their own games with the newest update to their ****e Uplay.

Far Cry 4 crashes and iv read other games too

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭usheeeen

Anyone know a good desktop repair place in dublin? Rathfarnham or Dundrum area a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I sold one of my 2312hm last sunday. So I think I might get another Monitor for myself and sell my second 2312hm. Thing is I am not sure what I want next.

I REALLY love my Dell 2312hm monitors. I prefer to have better colours and quality, then response times or high refresh rates.

I sow this and I am kind of falling in love with it already and its pretty much better version of 2312hm. 1440p very good colour reproduction and still great for gaming. What do you think guys? I just wonder if 25inch might be a bit to small for 1440p.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-082-DE&groupid=17&catid=1120

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2515h.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I sold one of my 2312hm last sunday. So I think I might get another Monitor for myself and sell my second 2312hm. Thing is I am not sure what I want next.

I REALLY love my Dell 2312hm monitors. I prefer to have better colours and quality, then response times or high refresh rates.

I sow this and I am kind of falling in love with it already and its pretty much better version of 2312hm. 1440p very good colour reproduction and still great for gaming. What do you think guys? I just wonder if 25inch might be a bit to small for 1440p.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-082-DE&groupid=17&catid=1120

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2515h.htm

Ive been thinking to get this monitor for a long time.the only thing that stopped me was my gtx970. You need at least 980ti to run games at max details on that.
    At the moment I am using u2414 and love it.
    But if you don't play games,go for it.colors are great on it.we had it at work for some time, I was sad to let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

The GTX970 would still push games to high/very high though on 1440p. I wouldn't rule out the monitor for that reason. The 980TI is focused on the 4k market no?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Headshot wrote: »
    Ubisoft have broken their own games with the newest update to their ****e Uplay.

Far Cry 4 crashes and iv read other games too

Hmm...played about 3 hours of FC4 last night with no issues. UPlay did update before FC4 launched, I noticed the new look right away. Where you seeing news about problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

3258 @ 4.3ghz upgrade to 4670k on a H81 board or would I just be better off getting a Xeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Sorry for asking since I know it mustve been done to death. Anyone point me to the best way for moving/migrating/reinstalling win 10 from HDD to SSD?
    Google throws up lots of different ways of doing it.
    Entire C drive is currently 36Gb, so if I can just move it to new SSD that would be best. Only recently done a clean win 10 install and a few apps. Just need to know which software is recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I know that samsung ssd drives generally have a ghosting software bundled on CD. I think it is simply Norton Ghost that is generally recommended for cloning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

booooring! wrote: »
    3258 @ 4.3ghz upgrade to 4670k on a H81 board or would I just be better off getting a Xeon?

What do you use the PC for?

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I know that samsung ssd drives generally have a ghosting software bundled on CD. I think it is simply Norton Ghost that is generally recommended for cloning.

Got a sandisk here so dont think anything included. Will give Norton Ghost a shot. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jacovs wrote: »
    Got a sandisk here so dont think anything included. Will give Norton Ghost a shot. Thank you.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/ssd/ssd-conversion-kit

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Actually, Norton Ghost wants me to pay over 50 euro for a license key, the copy hard drive function is not available on the free trial version.
    Yeah its available to buy in Maplin for nearly 40 euro.

Guess its a clean install of windows for me. :pac:

• Advertisement

Try booting a live CD of Clonezilla, that's what I used

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jacovs wrote: »
    Actually, Norton Ghost wants me to pay over 50 euro for a license key, the copy hard drive function is not available on the free trial version.

Yeah its available to buy in Maplin for nearly 40 euro.

Guess its a clean install of windows for me. :pac:

I understood the software was available FOC ...... maybe check out the answer here

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Ultra-II-SSD/Transfer-Win8-1-to-SSD/m-p/339859#M80
    SanDisk provides one time use cloning program Apricorn EZ GIG which can help you to clone the operating system(Win 8.1) from HDD to new SanDisk SSD.

I understood the software was available FOC ...... maybe check out the answer here

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Ultra-II-SSD/Transfer-Win8-1-to-SSD/m-p/339859#M80

Thank you. That seems to do the trick. I saw the EZ GIG software mentioned for Sandisk and had it installed but wouldnt work. Seems you have to do it through the sandisk dashboard to get the free once off use, and is now copying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

twinsen wrote: »
    Ive been thinking to get this monitor for a long time.the only thing that stopped me was my gtx970. You need at least 980ti to run games at max details on that.
    At the moment I am using u2414 and love it.
    But if you don't play games,go for it.colors are great on it.we had it at work for some time, I was sad to let it go.

Well, at that size and that resolution you won't need any AA, so a lot easier to run.
    I would be still on 680 if I get that monitor. I am playing stuff like cs, heroes of the storm, eve online,diablo. So plenty of power at that resolution.
    If I will play something more demanding I'll just play on my 1080p tv like i do now.

What do you use the PC for?

Gaming

booooring! wrote: »
    Gaming

i5 is enough then.

i5 is enough then.

Thanks for the reply, overclocking an i5 on a non z87 board? have an H81.

Afaik you can't, heard differing reports. You probably won't need to OC for a long while

Doing an RMA via Sapphire at the moment, anyone know what they mean here? Surely they're not suggesting I remove the cooler myself and just ship the PCB, do they?

"Please pack the bare board properly and send it to below address..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Normally that means not to ship any additional accessories....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement