Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Inviere

ED E wrote: »
    That delay is a necessary evil.

To send it express it comes from D17, so Amazon ship it from Bristol/Fife/wherever to Dublin, then its sent out. That dispatch time is really UK-IE transport.

Indeed :)

Super Saver takes a good while to dispatch, but once it does, it's usually here within 3-4 days.

Prime takes a good while to dispatch, but once it does, it's usually here within 1-2 days.

Really not worth the sub imo

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Im a subscribe and save user too so probably have that bit more volume than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads anyone know much about that Zelda: Breath of the Wild emulator?

Love to play it on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Headshot wrote: »

Until your post i didnt even know there was a wii u emulator!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Headshot wrote: »

Cemu.
    It has its own subreddit.
    Apparently it's playable in 4k now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah mentioned that a bit back
    There's always http://cemu.info/ Although I don't know if the game you're wanting to play is stable on it. But if you're already willing to buy the game might as well see if it'll run on this before buying the console to go with it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone ever use caseking.de? thinking of just buying this 1080ti.

I think their an off branch of overclockers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, I used them a few times in the past without problem. And I think they own OcUK now. Good outfit, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Same as Darch, no complaints with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well i couldnt hold out :D, it was in stock and my patience couldnt hold back my hatred of my 390x any longer haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yeah, I used them a few times in the past without problem. And I think they own OcUK now. Good outfit, in my experience.

Got a case from them yesterday and there was a bag Haribo jelly babies inside so totally connected to OcUK!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

SickBoy wrote: »
    Got a case from them yesterday and there was a bag Haribo jelly babies inside so totally connected to OcUK!

Ha. Qwertee Tshirts do the same thing. :P

Kikatek have Super Flower Platinum King 550W, I could get it for €100.

Tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Folks, this is probably the wrong place to ask, but don't suppose anyone has an unused Virgin Media Hub? Seems my flatmate b*ll*xed my one by spilling liquid on it. They want to send an engineer, but I am in meetings most of tomorrow, and am pretty sure he will want to show up when I am unavailable [I'm work about 25m from home]. I am based in Dublin city center/D8, but could probably travel if it came down to it [Or at least make my thicko flatmate travel :P].

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Quote from Gibbo (afaik the purchasing manager) at overclockers.
    link
    I Am in Rome! :)
    AMD are in Rome!

Put the two together and what I have seen I am very impressed by!

Nuff said! :)

Hopefully Vega is not to far off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭carveone

SickBoy wrote: »

I've heard that they at least pack their HDDs properly. Last time I ordered from Komplett (for pickup, shows that was a while ago!) the drive was sitting in a cardboard box with some crumpled paper on top. Put me off a touch (hdd did work though). I've wondered are Elara better getting given they have a pickup location in Dublin... but OcUK are no pricier once you select 2 day DPD and not DHL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Shougeki wrote: »
    Folks, this is probably the wrong place to ask, but don't suppose anyone has an unused Virgin Media Hub? Seems my flatmate b*ll*xed my one by spilling liquid on it. They want to send an engineer, but I am in meetings most of tomorrow, and am pretty sure he will want to show up when I am unavailable [I'm work about 25m from home]. I am based in Dublin city center/D8, but could probably travel if it came down to it [Or at least make my thicko flatmate travel :P].

it wont make any difference its locked via mac address on their network

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Question lads. I built my first pc last year. The time and date never kept/keeps when the pc is/was unplugged. Is there a piece of plastic or anything on the cmos battery's connection points. The bios resets too when unplugged which is going to be fun if its a bad battery. ASrock h97 anniversary mobo. Is there way to save the settings to usb also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Shougeki wrote: »

Hope you didn't tell virgin that they will probably charge you for sending the engineer out and the new hub. Best of luck, better put the charm on the engineer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Question lads. I built my first pc last year. The time and date never kept/keeps when the pc is/was unplugged. Is there a piece of plastic or anything on the cmos battery's connection points. The bios resets too when unplugged which is going to be fun if its a bad battery. ASrock h97 anniversary mobo. Is there way to save the settings to usb also?
    This sounds like the CMOS battery is dead?
    You can get a new set of them in a two euro store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

What's the best way to sell your old rig?

Break it in to parts stick it up 500 and hope up on adverts and hope for the best.

I dont think its worth much more then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What's the best way to sell your old rig?

Break it in to parts stick it up 500 and hope up on adverts and hope for the best.

I dont think its worth much more then that.

If you're arsed haggling for 8-9 items and want the best price, break it and sell individually, otherwise stick it up in one go and take a little hit.

If you're arsed haggling for 8-9 items and want the best price, break it and sell individually, otherwise stick it up in one go and take a little hit.

Thats what I was thinking. Its going up with an rx480 which I just bought :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭carveone

I've seen batteries put in upside down; with side clamped batteries (little clips at the edge) it's actually possible to do that. Even a small bit of dirt underneath might be enough to lift the battery clear on the contact.
    That motherboard probably has a clear cmos jumper too which would be fun if left on.
    Else it's a dead battery - pull it and if you have a multimeter, check its voltage (should be about 3V or so). Change it anyway - they aren't expensive.

Anyone got any advice for sticking up a computer you've built yourself?

in terms of booth to clean it and how to advertise it correctly with out confusing any one?

Anyone got any advice for sticking up a computer you've built yourself?

in terms of booth to clean it and how to advertise it correctly with out confusing any one?
    Either wipe the drives completely, or take them out and sell with a big "no HDD" disclaimer.

List the important specs in the title & call it a gaming or office PC.

So spend the day cleaning the dust out of the system and getting it ready so I can take some pics on adverts.ie everything is fine boots up run some benchmarks, just want to check everything's correct in the bios and reboot and the boot led light comes on.

Switch it off, unplug power cable turn on power remove the power, turn it on and then reboot- nothing
    Take a stick of ram out, booth - nothing t

ake mbo battery leave for half an hour boot - nothing.

Motherboard sabertooth 990fx/ fx8350/ 8 gig of ram/ ssd kingston \

if it helps the gpu fans power off after a while however the light indicating its working is on.

Yes all cabling / connections have been triple checked.

I do have a USB FLASH BACK Bios button I could use?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/414973/Asus-Sabertooth-990fx-R2-0.html?page=64

any one got any suggestions?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just hate when **** like that happens. Makes you wonder.

Also sorry I cannot give you any advice apart from just make sure everything is seated correctly and plugged in. Did you take out the CPU?

I just hate when **** like that happens. Makes you wonder.

yep was Happy as well got really nice scores on all my bench marks and I as going to sell it at a fair price and then i reboot and the ****ing thing acts up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

yep was Happy as well got really nice scores on all my bench marks and I as going to sell it at a fair price and then i reboot and the ****ing thing acts up :pac:

This happened me previously, stuck a computer up on adverts after checking everything was working several times, a SFF PC. Was a couple of weeks before I accepted a bid, organise a day and time for him to pick up. Better do one last check - nothing! Nothing powering up. After stripping and rebuilding (a few times) I was getting power intermittently. Thought it was the breakout board for the external PSU. Was honest with the guy and explained and said I was going to replace if he could hold on. He was dead on, said he wasn't in an rush, replacement board came in the post, everything hunky dory.

Do you have another PSU you could check with? How old is the current one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement