Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

WTAF. 24GB (8gb) of Display drivers DDU got rid of. Does NVIDIA have shares in SSD's or something? that was 10% of the SSD taken up.

EDIT:

Wait a minute I just got 24GB of disk space back.
    Rebooted after safemode then restarted still 24gb.
    Installed the latest NVIDIA driver for the gpu.
    Lost 24GB.

How does that work exactly?

That is weird,sorry no clue why though.Ccleaner is a great program for freeing up space on drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

game4it70 wrote: »
    That is weird,sorry no clue why though.Ccleaner is a great program for freeing up space on drives.

Use it already. Driver says it was about 400mb. Use SpaceSniffer as well it can not see where the space went.

24GB no joke should've screen shot it. How can one driver install take that much space. If it allocates it fair enough but it should ask you how much you are willing to sacrifice. Maybe I'm wrong and it was a display glitch seems more likely. Anyone else ever seen that much space go like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

game4it70 wrote: »
    DDU is great to use.It should ask you to run it in safe mode which is recommended so let it reboot for you and continue.

Second DDU. I have a particular issue where my machine reboots in the middle of a driver update if not done in safe mode, and I am too lazy to reinstall until i get a new SSD and move to Win10 in the next few weeks.

Use it already. Driver says it was about 400mb. Use SpaceSniffer as well it can not see where the space went.

24GB no joke should've screen shot it. How can one driver install take that much space. If it allocates it fair enough but it should ask you how much you are willing to sacrifice. Maybe I'm wrong and it was a display glitch seems more likely. Anyone else ever seen that much space go like that?

Try a windows defragment also, could be non contiguous files there somewhere.

Shougeki wrote: »
    Try a windows defragment also, could be non contiguous files there somewhere.

Its an SSD. They don't need to be defragmented I believe only mechanical drives get fragmentation.

• Advertisement

Its an SSD. They don't need to be defragmented I believe only mechanical drives get fragmentation.

My bad. Pretty much realized my mistake after I wrote it, and cba editing it. Apologies for that. :D

Still pretty weird that the 24GB freed up and then went again, as the drivers couldnt be that big, even unpacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Trying to find ram for a ryzen build is like trying to find hens teatg :pac:

Have a look at the bundle deals on a few sites as they should give you an idea of what sets work well with each mobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I found some 3200MHz Gskill with Samsung modules yesterday on Mindfactory but they are sold out today. I had an entire build in the shopping cart late last night but in the end chickened out. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This Team Group stuff is being recommended in a thread on the OcUK forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, random one.

Anyone knows if its possible to pick up some laptop tray in brick and mortar shops?

I perfectly would want something like ikea brada yolk. Though going to dublin for it does not tickle my fancy. Amazon has them too, but I want to see if I can pick up something similar locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lads, random one.

Anyone knows if its possible to pick up some laptop tray in brick and mortar shops?

I perfectly would want something like ikea brada yolk. Though going to dublin for it does not tickle my fancy. Amazon has them too, but I want to see if I can pick up something similar locally.
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3840092.htm

Bit big & expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Lads, random one.

I think I have a Brada you can have if you are around Limerick city and can wait till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads what video format do android usually play as standard

For example MKV?

Headshot wrote: »

For example MKV?

.3gp or .mp4 I think.

I think I have a Brada you can have if you are around Limerick city and can wait till next week.

That would be great m8, I am in limerick anyway. I could wait m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

That would be great m8, I am in limerick anyway. I could wait m8.

Cool, I'll pm ya Tuesday to arrange it.

Cool, I'll pm ya Tuesday to arrange it.

Cheers m8.

Lads, random one.

Try a local office supplies or computer store. They normally have things like these.

EDIT: Like here: https://www.huntoffice.ie/monitor-stands.html~type=laptop_stand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Lads, random one.

the range have this bad boy :D
    https://www.therange.co.uk/toys/learning-toys/creative-play/laptop-tray-with-light/#499691

maplin may have them but wouldn't be anywhere as cheap as ikea

the office centre on roches st also have some like this but its more expensive
    https://theofficecentre.ie/storefront/Kensington-Grey-SmartFit-Easy-Riser-Laptop-Cooling-Stand-60112-P-10449

techstar may also be another shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Headshot wrote: »

For example MKV?

Just install VLC :)

Cheers lads. I might wait to see if I can get that ikea one from the lad, before ordering. I sow online pcworld has some yolky too. If I am going to be inpatient, I might have a look there.
    Are those office supply shops only online?

I finally gave my laptop a proper go tonight. Misses was reading and I was playing factorio on a couch. Was great.
    Then upstairs misses passed out and I just played in bed. I did put a book under the laptop so it would have flat surface and wouldnt choke on heat. I have to admit, I am extremely impressed with this little machine. Runs factorio like a boss and it is very cpu heavy game. Fans trirned only few times for a minute or two and it was silent again. Maybe allienware does really ****y desktops, but I have to admit, their laptops are freaking cool.
    Ill keep putting away money now to save up and get proper modern allienware 13. Pc gaming lazy mode is just freaking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gbear wrote: »
    I unplugged everything several times last night but I just did it there again and now it works for some reason.

I didn't even get the option to reassign it. I just clicked on the popup that said "you've plugged in a jack" or something and it didn't seem to do anything.

Oh well. :o

Thanks.

This didn't actually work.

Something puzzling was happening where if I unplugged and plugged back in the rear speakers they would work right up until the little popup appeared over the icon tray in the bottom right telling me that a speaker was detected.

I've now just uninstalled the realtek audio driver and after rebooting, the default windows audio program now offers two different 5.1 options - one with side speakers and one with rear speakers, which appears to work correctly.

All hail Microsoft.

hry folks, Does mind factory take a while to ship?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

hry folks, Does mind factory take a while to ship?

I ordered a CPU off them and it shipped within a day. Think it was ordered on a Monday or Tuesday and it arrived Friday afternoon.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I ordered a CPU off them and it shipped within a day. Think it was ordered on a Monday or Tuesday and it arrived Friday afternoon.

Nice, ordered some bits last night, and no movement on the order.

Nice, ordered some bits last night, and no movement on the order.

Good Friday is a public holiday in all german states.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Cheers lads. I might wait to see if I can get that ikea one from the lad, before ordering. I sow online pcworld has some yolky too. If I am going to be inpatient, I might have a look there.
    Are those office supply shops only online?

I finally gave my laptop a proper go tonight. Misses was reading and I was playing factorio on a couch. Was great.
    Then upstairs misses passed out and I just played in bed. I did put a book under the laptop so it would have flat surface and wouldnt choke on heat. I have to admit, I am extremely impressed with this little machine. Runs factorio like a boss and it is very cpu heavy game. Fans trirned only few times for a minute or two and it was silent again. Maybe allienware does really ****y desktops, but I have to admit, their laptops are freaking cool.
    Ill keep putting away money now to save up and get proper modern allienware 13. Pc gaming lazy mode is just freaking amazing.

the office centre is on roches st in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Here's one for yas: Anyone have a copy of Starfleet Command 3? I have the game, but apparently it's the image I ripped years ago got lost, and the disk has since been damaged enough that I can't install from it. This one:

St_starfleet_command_3_boxart.jpg

• Advertisement

Some reviews are out for the RX 580,not seen prices yet though.

https://videocardz.com/68602/amd-radeon-rx-580-570-review-roundup

prices on scan
    prices on Ocuk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement