Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Currently have an order with mind factory outstanding asked could I add more items I want to buy, to a new order and get them shipped together.

They dont seem to get it mean while I waste 30 euros on shipping :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RX 550 review

Doesn't seem like a good card to me; RX460/260X outshine its performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RX 550 review

When plus those is it needs no power connector.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Friend of mine built a PC a couple of weeks ago (Kaby i5/RX 480 build). Everything was fine and dandy until last night.

He got a freesync monitor yesterday and wanted to set freesync up, so he went to the amd site to get the latest version of amd catalyst. Weht to install it, the PC restarted but it rebooted into a black screen where you can still see/move the mouse pointer but nothing else.

Anyone else have anything similar happen with an amd GPU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

RX 550 review

What a truly pointless card. Few euro cheaper than RX460 and significantly slower - as pointed out above it is particularly pointless when most RX460's don't require a power connector either.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Friend of mine built a PC a couple of weeks ago (Kaby i5/RX 480 build). Everything was fine and dandy until last night.

He got a freesync monitor yesterday and wanted to set freesync up, so he went to the amd site to get the latest version of amd catalyst. Weht to install it, the PC restarted but it rebooted into a black screen where you can still see/move the mouse pointer but nothing else.

Anyone else have anything similar happen with an amd GPU?

Can you boot into Safe Mode & install/run DDU?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you boot into Safe Mode & install/run DDU?

I don't think he's tried that yet, will be tomorrow before he gets a chance so I'll suggest it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-sea-hawk-x

Quite tempted by this, but after VAT it aint cheap. Looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Sheogorath

ED E wrote: »
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-sea-hawk-x

Quite tempted by this, but after VAT it aint cheap. Looks great though.

How would you get it shipped here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

1) that drop has ended, you;d need to request it again and hope a few do the same
    2) shipping from Massdrop no issue, my mod mic from a recent drop arrived last week, they will ship to ireland no issue

• Advertisement

Sheogorath wrote: »
    How would you get it shipped here?

They tend to use USPS, no problemo. As Mossy has pointed out it didnt last long, not surprising at a 5 unit cap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

They tend to use USPS, no problemo. As Mossy has pointed out it didnt last long, not surprising at a 5 unit cap.

wow, a 5 unit cap? think thats the lowest i've ever seen on there

i have seen a couple of chairs that were US shipping only. kind of makes sense with the size i guess

Just had a quick look, thought it was only shipping to usa.
    Does anyone know if I got a friend in usa to buy stuff, could they ship it to me and so get a better price and avoid VAT? And anyone know how much shipping would cost?

Sheogorath wrote: »
    Just had a quick look, thought it was only shipping to usa.
    Does anyone know if I got a friend in usa to buy stuff, could they ship it to me and so get a better price and avoid VAT? And anyone know how much shipping would cost?

A. Telling you how to evade tax would be like telling you how to rob a gaff, illegal and against boards rules.

B. Anything worth shipping is still liable for VAT at import, its only excluded if your friend flies over with it in his luggage and doesnt declare it (technically a crime I suspect).

A. Telling you how to evade tax would be like telling you how to rob a gaff, illegal and against boards rules.

B. Anything worth shipping is still liable for VAT at import, its only excluded if your friend flies over with it in his luggage and doesnt declare it (technically a crime I suspect).

Ah, apologies, thought there was an exemption for gifts, suppose I worded wrong.

Any one have any recommendations for cheep windows 10 keys, that arnt involved with credit card theft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Any one have any recommendations for cheep windows 10 keys, that arnt involved with credit card theft?

got one of scdkeys last week, took a couple hours to get the key but all working fine:D

Every "cheap" Windows key is either grey-market, or outright against TOS (e.g. MSDN keys which are not for resale).

Save up & buy from Microsoft Store directly.

You can install Win10 and use it without activation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Every "cheap" Windows key is either grey-market, or outright against TOS (e.g. MSDN keys which are not for resale).

Save up & buy from Microsoft Store directly.

You can install Win10 and use it without activation anyway.

That what I did and using it like that since December. No issues at all.
    Watermark appears, but not on all games and honestly, on my resolution its very small and I dont even notoce it anymore.
    I dont think I will bother buying full windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

So lads living in the country here have a download speed of about 4mb. For gaming its fine but when you have to download a game its a complete pain! Took over 48 hrs to download gta5! Have a friend in town though that has a stable 50mb connection and he said I could use his away for downloading games. Just wondering is it as simple as having an external hard drive and downloading it onto that and then transfer it back on to my pc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sneak wrote: »
    So lads living in the country here have a download speed of about 4mb. For gaming its fine but when you have to download a game its a complete pain! Took over 48 hrs to download gta5! Have a friend in town though that has a stable 50mb connection and he said I could use his away for downloading games. Just wondering is it as simple as having an external hard drive and downloading it onto that and then transfer it back on to my pc?

For steam games, more or less. You can download the game, do a backup to an external hard drive and then restore them on your PC. You should be able to find a guide somewhere online. For other services (Uplay, Origin etc) it may be more difficult.

Sneak wrote: »

If you have a laptop you could probably use an ethernet cable to transfer it to that, think it should be faster

Ups lost my GsKill 3200 mhz ram and NZXT Kraken X62 :( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Ups lost my GsKill 3200 mhz ram and NZXT Kraken X62 :( :mad:

I presume you'll be refunded?

I presume you'll be refunded?

Nope they can replace it and express deliver it to me, price of gskill low latency ram has gone up so I.ain't budging. They can send me a nee package.

There ok to ring so I had a chat with them. They asked could I wait 24 hours.

It just arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

sure when i ordered my 1080ti from casekings UPS's tracking system had apparently delivered it to the wrong town and to a guy with a similar sounding name :D

sure when i ordered my 1080ti from casekings UPS's tracking system had apparently delivered it to the wrong town and to a guy with a similar sounding name :D

Did you get a second 1080ti

I know its ridiculous hoe ever my ram and water cooler are here and my mobo and cpu will be hear tomorrow'

At last

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

no just the one so far, id love to eventually get 2 but i think ill be sticking with one card until (if ever) sli stops sucking, i think she would actually kill me as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah ups handed off my 980ti to a randomer on the street that said he knew where I lived, turned out he was thinking of someone else, eventually managed to get a hold of it. Ups blamed the store I ordered from for what happened

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement