Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think I got a cracking deal on a 1080ti

I originally ordered a 1080TI from Overclockers but they were messing about with shipment delays so I saw this on amazon and boy I jumped

Cannot get it at that price again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

900 quid for a graphics card is cheap?

900 quid for a graphics card is cheap?

To be exact its 870 euro and it's the cheaper than Overclockers and can really only be matched by Germany but you will also have to pay postage costs

870 euro is really good for this card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Headshot wrote: »

I originally ordered a 1080TI from Overclockers but they were messing about with shipment delays so I saw this on amazon and boy I jumped

Is it in stock on amazon?
    If not scan has stock and a few quid cheaper.

Either way enjoy that savage card.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Is it in stock on amazon?
    If not scan has stock and a few quid cheaper.

Either way enjoy that savage card.

Was in stock with Amazon but it flew out the door and as a result they don't stock it anymore. Only a 3rd party does and its 800 pounds now

The link provided is not the extreme version and plus the card should be shipping today from Amazon

• Advertisement

Was in stock with Amazon but it flew out the door and as a result they don't stock it anymore. Only a 3rd party does and its 800 pounds now

The link provided is not the extreme version and plus the card should be shipping today from Amazon

Ah sorry i never noticed its the extreme version and I've only recently been to specsavers :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Nice deal! Got the non extreme edition for 850 from casekings myself. Delighted with it! Cooler is quiet and works well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

So I think this is worth mentioning, involving am3 back plates and the x62 kraken.
    I have a spare one from my am3 sabertooth.

So with the asus crosshair having both am4 and am3 mounting options.

I used the am3 back plate and you can mount it to the kraken it feels a little loose and flimzy when the cooler is not fitted but when it is. Its as snug as a bug in a rug.

More or less finished my build last night really happy with it. Didn't get any testing done but I will once I re-install windows and sort out my system a few tweeks here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Haven't been round this forum much in the past few years. I last built a PC back in 2012 based on advice from here though, all items (apart from Screen, Keyboard & Mouse) bought from HWVS in Germany. Still soldering on with my Z77/I5-3570k/830 ssd/2tb hdd/16gb ddr3/gtx-670 setup - even though it's nearly 5 years old it still runs pretty fast for what I want (although I haven't been playing that many games, & certainly not the latest most graphical shooters of the past year or so).

Just curious, what's the main retailer recommended to people on this forum these days for buying PC components?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

MindFactory.de is what most are going with these days as the direct replacement for HWVS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Haven't been round this forum much in the past few years. I last built a PC back in 2012 based on advice from here though, all items (apart from Screen, Keyboard & Mouse) bought from HWVS in Germany. Still soldering on with my Z77/I5-3570k/830 ssd/2tb hdd/16gb ddr3/gtx-670 setup - even though it's nearly 5 years old it still runs pretty fast for what I want (although I haven't been playing that many games, & certainly not the latest most graphical shooters of the past year or so).

Just curious, what's the main retailer recommended to people on this forum these days for buying PC components?

Same setup, also soldiering on, though I do have a mind to upgrade at the moment.

We are generally recommending mindfactory.de, overclockers.co.uk and amazon.co.uk/.de/.fr/.es
    Depends where the deals are. Mindfactory is pretty cheap overall and has a flat shipping rate to Ireland, which makes it attractive for full builds.
    Overclockers are just a nice solid company. You'll pay slightly more, but get more piece of mind in dealing with returns through native english speakers.
    Amazon is Amazon. Make sure to use trusted sellers and you can't steer too wrong.

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Same setup, also soldiering on, though I do have a mind to upgrade at the moment.

We are generally recommending mindfactory.de, overclockers.co.uk and amazon.co.uk/.de/.fr/.es
    Depends where the deals are. Mindfactory is pretty cheap overall and has a flat shipping rate to Ireland, which makes it attractive for full builds.
    Overclockers are just a nice solid company. You'll pay slightly more, but get more piece of mind in dealing with returns through native english speakers.
    Amazon is Amazon. Make sure to use trusted sellers and you can't steer too wrong.

Are mind factory non-credit card like HWVS were?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Are mind factory non-credit card like HWVS were?

Options are paypal or a bank transfer from what I remember, so you can use your card but only through paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

We've learned from our mistakes and don't recommend using Bank Transfer anymore. Too risky as it isn't as regulated here as in Germany. Always go Paypal or Credit Card where available.

We've learned from our mistakes and don't recommend using Bank Transfer anymore. Too risky as it isn't as regulated here as in Germany. Always go Paypal or Credit Card where available.

yup, in 2012 no bother with HWVS, but a few years later when they became insolvent I would have been stung for about €1600 or so. :eek:

Can anyone help me,

I've got a hard drive with some larger steam games on doom fallout 4 that kinda thing however for some reason I can't connect steamon my C drive to My other drive I know I can choose where to install the game but I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone with any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can anyone help me,

I've got a hard drive with some larger steam games on doom fallout 4 that kinda thing however for some reason I can't connect steamon my C drive to My other drive I know I can choose where to install the game but I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone with any thoughts?

I had that before but fixed it this way:

First download a free small size game and choose the location the other games are.

Volta details from NVIDIA's GPU Tech Conference.

TL;DR - A 21.1B transistor, 815mm2 (no, that's not a typo) monster.

There compute box ships Q3 (for $149,000), OEM card ships Q4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Looking at buying the rest of my build...coming to €480ish on Amazon fr and €460/70 on mindfactory.de. Worth going with Amazon for the customer service in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Someone mentioned before worth mentioning again - If your getting all components from Mindfactory.de don't bother with a case from them get it from somewhere else you end up paying double shipping if buying a case also. Unless it has changed since building my first PC last year all parts minus case from mindfactory, got the case on scan.co.uk worked out £20 cheaper because of shipping.

• Advertisement

Looking at buying the rest of my build...coming to €480ish on Amazon fr and €460/70 on mindfactory.de. Worth going with Amazon for the customer service in English?

The Guy Addo in mindFactory is easy to talk to he speak pretty good english, I had chat with him when I was waiting on bits and peaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

The Guy Addo in mindFactory is easy to talk to he speak pretty good english, I had chat with him when I was waiting on bits and peaces.

Ah, nice one. Thanks. Wasn't too sure as my previous customer service dealings with HWVS were a bit hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Sheogorath

Just ordered from mindfactory yesterday evening and the order was in "order history" marked as paid but when I looked today in order history it says no data available and doesn't even list the order, did this happen with you? bit concerned

EDIT: got in touch with them, have to say they're quick to reply and perfect english. turns out my order was cancelled as it didn't have a postal code and was ordered through paypal so they had no way to change it. Bit annoying I wasn't told it was cancelled and now some items have sold out, changed price etc.

Lads

Can anyone recommend a gaming/desk chair. Time to give my arse something really cushiony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Lads

Can anyone recommend a gaming/desk chair. Time to give my arse something really cushiony

I have this , it is great
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/chairs-stools-benches/office-chairs/markus-swivel-chair-glose-black-art-20103101/markus-swivel-chair-glose-black__0392583_pe564516_s4.jpg

papu wrote: »
    I have this , it is great

I have one too and I'd recommend it.

Herman Miller Aeron
    Vertagear Triigger 350
    Herman Miller Embody

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you tried an Embody? Only just got my Aeron but kinda in two minds about head support.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

ED E wrote: »
    Have you tried an Embody? Only just got my Aeron but kinda in two minds about head support.

I've had my Aeron a good six months or so now having traded from a seat with head support. You won't miss the headrest once you get used to it.

• Advertisement

I ****ing wish. My dad got a used Aeron, and it's lovely. Haven't tried the Embody or Triigger. Wondering about headrest options for all three (used to it from the DX Racer I have now).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement