Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Customs check maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I had something stolen from the post before. Empty box arrived with nothing inside. When I rang customs to ask them about it they said that any time they open a box they reseal it with a tape that says "Customs" on it.

This is about 10 years ago though so I don't know if things are still the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Was the power cord, etc still sealed in their plastic bags? If there are no marks at all on the screen i'd say all is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Inviere

Was the power cord, etc still sealed in their plastic bags? If there are no marks at all on the screen i'd say all is fine.

Everything there & sealed in plastic bags. I'd say it was a warehouse one, so they've offered a €40 refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Ask amazon to confirm its new and your guarantee is fully intact. Best to ask now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

that any time they open a box they reseal it with a tape that says "Customs" on it.

This is correct. They'll always mark it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys just to give some feedback on a new chair I got recently

I finally took the plunge and got a Vertagear 350SE

5 days later Im sending it back.

The chair is one of the most uncomfortable chairs i've ever sat in. There's lumbar support on the back of the chair and that really really digs into your back and your back would be in bits after 30mins of sitting in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Just buy a Aero. The gaming chair fad is just that, lobbing "gaming" onto products without a reason doesn't make them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just get a stool.

You will thank me when you are older. :pac:

Just buy a Aero. The gaming chair fad is just that, lobbing "gaming" onto products without a reason doesn't make them better.

yup im in agreement.

Think ill just take a spin to Athlone and get an Aeron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

New, a GTX1060 6GB, 2nd hand, a GTX970 would be fine, ideally a GTX1070 but that is obviously very pricey.

RE: The Oculus itself, that is a fantastic price, slightly concerned about the fact that two of the biggest games, Doom VR and Fallout 4 VR, will be Vive only though....

They won't be Vive only. Bethesda simply don't want to promote Rift in their promotional material when their parent company Zenimax is involved in that court case with Oculus. All SteamVR titles will work on Rift. Might have to mess around with control mappings though as those games definitely won't have Touch controller models ingame. Worst case scenario is they put a hardware check in the game like Google did with GoogleEarthVR. There was a hack for that 1 day later made by CrossVR the guy who made the Re-Vive wrapper that allows Vive users to play Rift games. He's says the exact same 250kb dll he made for GEVR will likely work without modification should Bethesda put in a HMD hardware check. In other words, worst case, one might have to wait a day or two after launch before one can play the games.
    Doge wrote: »
    Resident Evil isn't supported on PC unfortunately.

People got it working with VorpX with a lot of field of view lost,
    and a 3D which has the full screen but no headtracking.

PSVR has RE7 exclusivity till the end of the year. We should see it available for Rift and Vive early 2018.
    PSVR also has Skyrim VR exclusivity till sometime next year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Headshot wrote: »
    yup im in agreement.

Think ill just take a spin to Athlone and get an Aeron

Keep an eye on adverts for them.

Keep an eye on adverts for them.

yap but I learned by mistakes, try a chair out before you buy

If I tried the Vertagear, I wouldnt have gone near it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Is it really that horrible? It looks like it's *ahem* inspired by the Aeron, and that thing is hella comfortable.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Is it really that horrible? It looks like it's *ahem* inspired by the Aeron, and that thing is hella comfortable.

Yup mate

It cripples your back after a bit of time sitting on it. I got other people to try as well and they echo my thoughts.

Maybe my chair was defective, idk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Is €584 a decent prize for a EVGA GTX 1080?

Can get one for that now direct from EVGA, but theres a 10th Anniversary Steampunk thing happening tomorrow and hoping theres some discount codes.

Waiting for a bargain when the rest of your parts are on the way is absolute torture! :D

Is €584 a decent prize for a EVGA GTX 1080?

Can get one for that now direct from EVGA, but theres a 10th Anniversary Steampunk thing happening tomorrow and hoping theres some discount codes.

Waiting for a bargain when the rest of your parts are on the way is absolute torture! :D

Yes it's a decent prize, I wouldn't mind wining one.

Yes it's a decent prize, I wouldn't mind wining one.

:pac::pac::pac:

Gotta love the way with the english language one typo can completely change the meaning of a sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

:D

dt0AOiD.png?3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Anyone else having problems with Windows 10 updates?

Every time it updates something, it also seems to break things.

Today, after I turned on my PC after last nights updates I have an DirectX problem. Last time there was an update, it took out my network drivers and I think there has been at least one other occasion where something else was broken after an update.

Please tell me it isn't just me.

• Advertisement

farna_boy wrote: »

Today, after I turned on my PC after last nights updates I have an DirectX problem. Last time there was an update, it took out my network drivers and I think there has been at least one other occasion where something else was broken after an update.

I think it is just you well that is from my own personal experience. I cannot talk for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

farna_boy wrote: »

Windows Insider? They are effectively alpha builds.

So after much pussying around I caved in and ordered the GTX 1080 from EVGA direct for €584!

I guess I can always sell it if I come across a great bargain in the meantime.

So after much pussying around I caved in and ordered the GTX 1070 from EVGA direct for €584!

I guess I can always sell it if I come across a great bargain in the meantime.

That was a rip off man. €584 for a 1070?

That was a rip off man. €584 for a 1070?

Typoman strikes again!

2d2a2412350927.5626a69e2c30f.jpg

Meant to say the 1080 hehe!

How hot do the 1080ti's run, as in, is it insanity to put one into an mitx build? I'm considering upgrading from a 1070 to a 1080ti in order for 4k@60, but am concerned about heat dissipation in the case (Silverstone Sugo SG13-B). The 1070 manages fine (it's a blower style cooler which is exhausting heat out the back of the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Inviere wrote: »
    How hot do the 1080ti's run, as in, is it insanity to put one into an mitx build? I'm considering upgrading from a 1070 to a 1080ti in order for 4k@60, but am concerned about heat dissipation in the case (Silverstone Sugo SG13-B). The 1070 manages fine (it's a blower style cooler which is exhausting heat out the back of the case)

The Founders Edition 1080Ti are also blower style so maybe get one like that?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The Founders Edition 1080Ti are also blower style so maybe get one like that?

That's what I'm thinking yeah, but am concerned it'll cook itself. Are they generally a very hot card, or if left alone (stock), do they run happy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

They run at around 85+ in an open test bench so I'd expect 90-100 in an mitx case.

It will throttle for sure. If you down the clock speed and voltage a bit it might be manageable.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »
    They run at around 85+ in an open test bench so I'd expect 90-100 in an mitx case.

It will throttle for sure. If you down the clock speed and voltage a bit it might be manageable.

Hmm, doesn't sound good. If the clock & voltage have to be reduced, presumably performance is lost as a result? If so, would I be better going 1080?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement