Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

1610823_10152569516318207_2586039803959609604_n.jpg?oh=bf97759d956962efe70bf80636ba6b82&oe=54FCECC0

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Anyone recommend a company for hosting minecraft, Mount and blade and team speak servers. I know minecraft relems does this for minecraft just wondering if anyone has experience using any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Does anyone know where I could buy a pci or usb network connector in a store and how much?

Put the PC together, didn't anticipate the GPU covering the PCIe slot :o

EDIT: I'm a little special, didn't see them in Currys when I checked the first time. Would anyone say the a pci card is much better than a wirless usb?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Nope. I've tried a bunch of them over the years. USBs perform pretty much the same as internal cards. A lot of the time they can be better, too, as you can plug them in difference places for better reception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

TheGunns wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could buy a pci or usb network connector in a store and how much?

Put the PC together, didn't anticipate the GPU covering the PCIe slot :o

EDIT: I'm a little special, didn't see them in Currys when I checked the first time. Would anyone say the a pci card is much better than a wirless usb?
    Surely you have some other pcie slots free such as a second x16 slot?
    I'm only saying in case you already have a pcie card purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

deceit wrote: »
    Surely you have some other pcie slots free such as a second x16 slot?
    I'm only saying in case you already have a pcie card purchased
    No its a small case so theres only 3 slots. Only free slot is a pci slot

Cheers, will prob just go with the usb adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone here played Cards Against Humanity? Tempted to pick it up but wondering about the expansions.. do I get the most recent? The first? All of them? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Danger781 wrote: »
    Anyone here played Cards Against Humanity? Tempted to pick it up but wondering about the expansions.. do I get the most recent? The first? All of them? :p

It's gas that's it's become such a phenomenon.

You could make the same thing yourself with a spreadsheet, a printer and some scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gbear wrote: »
    It's gas that's it's become such a phenomenon.

You could make the same thing yourself with a spreadsheet, a printer and some scissors.

There is online version somewhere with all the booster packs. We were playing it over the Ventrilo with the lads. Great crack right up until you hear most of the options... Still a good laugh while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm having awful pingtimes to the csgo western servers in the evenings around this time. Never happened before but this last week I've been around 140-200ms to servers that would usually be no more than 60ms. Not sure if it's my internet or the servers fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Danger781 wrote: »

Do it! My house mates picked it up for me with a booster pack. Much wrongness ensued.

Just make sure to play with people who have a "robust" sense of humour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Ordered the main box.. Was just curious about the expansions :)

Perhaps a present for the new year when I get everything sorted financially :D

The third round of NCase M1s have opened up for pre-order... I very nearly bought one last night... Decided against it at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Selling a 3570k and putting the extra cash for a 3770k,worth it? Been asking myself this question the last week or so. 3570K is at 4.3GHz btw,wont go any higher on 1.25v.

Its just for a gaming rig so am i being silly?

In a word: Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Serephucus wrote: »
    In a word: Yes.

Agreed. 4.3ghz i5 is golden for games. You'd be dealing with GPU limitations in most games, and even games which are CPU limited, likely won't use more than 4 cores, and a 3770k won't get much more than 4.3ghz on average... maybe ~4.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Only reason to do it would be if you where running dual gfx card.And even then it only helps a bit.

Thanks lads i had a feeling i was being a bit silly but i have about €100 to spend on an upgrade and im struggling to find the best place to spend it.

Have all the peripherals ill ever need so no joy there. Im looking at maybe adding another 8gb of ram but thats literally just for minecraft texture packs/shaders so may be a bit of a waste. I was all set on a h440 but after reading a few mixed reviews i was put off slightly. Maybe need to look at fractal r4 of nanoxia ds1. My old haf 912 advanced is starting to show its age,fantastic case for sli/cf though with all the fan mounts filled. Played shadow of mordor totally maxed at 1080p last night except for textures on high(6gb vram is a joke on ultra,game looks good but not totally amazing),everything else maxed and it was rock solid 60fps/1080p on a 970 @stock and the 970 maxed out at 52C!!!! Them kinda temps make me want to keep the oul HAF. Noise is an issue though with so many grates on the case. So if the processor is a waste i think case should probably be next on the list.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Only reason to do it would be if you where running dual gfx card.And even then it only helps a bit.

A second 970 is coming down the line. What sort of benefit would we be talking with sli?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

EoinHef wrote: »
    A second 970 is coming down the line. What sort of benefit would we be talking with sli?
    Afaik its helps the scaling with sli/crossfire and is game dependent.I still dont think its worth it unless you play any games that would benefit from having HT also.

New case and sort noise out would get my vote.

I'll give my thumbs up for a Nanoxia DS1... Spacious, quiet (insulation etc., 3 high quality fans hooked up to a solid fan controller with space for several more fans on the fan controller, studry build quality, massive room for watercooling, plenty of trays - all for 90 quid or so.

Right new case it is so,as always thanks lads for the advice,some times money burns a hole in my pocket:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Really? Steam sale is this week... :pac:

Oak76 wrote: »
    Really? Steam sale is this week... :pac:

Ha,back log has me covered!! Got shadow of mordor yesterday as well so im covered for games over christmas.

Also have €42 on my Steam account so covered for the sale as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anybody ordered anything from dabs lately are they shipping/delivering fast as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Nolars wrote: »
    Anybody ordered anything from dabs lately are they shipping/delivering fast as normal?

I've been having woeful trouble with them lately, three weeks now waiting for a switch.
    Supposedly the cut-off for orders to be delivered to Ireland before xmas was yesterday at six, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Nolars wrote: »

I have an RMA in process for the last 3 weeks. They have had the GPU back since the 3rd December and still have not issued my refund... Apparently the only account lady has been out sick.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

roast wrote: »
    I've been having woeful trouble with them lately, three weeks now waiting for a switch.
    Supposedly the cut-off for orders to be delivered to Ireland before xmas was yesterday at six, btw.

ordered at 7 :eek: Miserable bastds better deliver.

• Advertisement

Thinking of buying from Overclockers tonight. Anyone know how long there deliveries usually take and if the deliver on Saturday? Or will I have to wait til Monday/Tuesday for my card? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement