Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

ED E wrote: »
    Are you setting up multiple rendering VMs for thin clients or do you mean a Source server?

Nah, just game servers. Space Engineers, Ark, The Forest, etc. All of which require the game listen ports forwarded. Some of them don't like having those ones changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

port address translation

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its VMs you can just use multiple virtual interfaces ;)

depends if he wants the public internet to be able to connect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

port address translation

This is Thing:PortX -> Thing:PortY, right? I had thought of that, but for some reason I thought it wouldn't work. Thinking about it though, that seems like it might be the handiest solution. I'll admit, networking is not my strong point...

So:
    Game1:27015 -> 37015 (public)
    Game2:27015 -> 37016 (public)

This is valid, and wouldn't cause any problems? Wouldn't this mean though, that any games looking for my server would have to know that it's on 37015, and therefore wouldn't get found, because Steam expect them on 27xxx?

ED E wrote: »
    If its VMs you can just use multiple virtual interfaces ;)
    depends if he wants the public internet to be able to connect

I do, yeah.

I'm probably overthinking this whole damn thing. Probably would have been faster from the start to just alter ports on the game servers and forward the lot of them on the router.

• Advertisement

Try alter the ports first for the game servers and worry about how to fix it if that doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Considering selling my old PC now that I'm moving to Ryzen. Would I be better off selling things separately or all together if I decide to do it online? (Adverts, Donedeal..). I'd appreciate advice from anyone who has done it before.

i5 4570k
    Cooler Master Blizzard T2 Cooler
    MSI Z87-G45
    16GB Patriot Viper 3 Series 2133MHz DDR3
    MSI GTX 970
    120GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    Corsair VS550 PSU
    NZXT S340 case (white)

I have original boxes for everything if I decide to sell them separately.
    Is the 970 popular with miners? It seems to cost more now than when I bought it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Oat23 wrote: »
    Considering selling my old PC now that I'm moving to Ryzen. Would I be better off selling things separately or all together if I decide to do it online? (Adverts, Donedeal..). I'd appreciate advice from anyone who has done it before.

i5 4570k
    Cooler Master Blizzard T2 Cooler
    MSI Z87-G45
    16GB Patriot Viper 3 Series 2133MHz DDR3
    MSI GTX 970
    120GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    Corsair VS550 PSU
    NZXT S340 case (white)

I have original boxes for everything if I decide to sell them separately.
    Is the 970 popular with miners? It seems to cost more now than when I bought it :eek:

Tbh it is up to you. You will probably get more selling it separately but then you have the hassle of trying to sell all the item where as to sell it as a package is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Tbh it is up to you. You will probably get more selling it separately but then you have the hassle of trying to sell all the item where as to sell it as a package is easier.

Probably true about selling separately. Might be easier in Dublin than in Sligo as I'd likely have to post most stuff from here which is an added expense.

Most full pcs for sale on adverts have comments asking to buy an individual component listed so I'm not sure how popular it'll be but I might give it a go. I can always sell them separately if there's no buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Does anyone have knowledge of the User Benchmark website? I recently built a Ryzen 1600 system with the stock settings and cooler and ran a benchmark.

While the overall result was good, the result of the CPU was 74% (which is still classed as 'very good') whereas the average is around 80%. Is it basically just the luck of the draw as to what the overall score will be?

This was my first build so I'm hoping I didn't do anything wrong. I was hoping to mildly overclock the CPU to ~3.7 GHz on the stock cooler.

FWIW I ran a couple of further benchmarks. I'm using a GTX 1080; Heaven 4.0 which got a final score of 2777 (although I take it this is GPU intensive?) and Cinebench R15 which got a CPU score of 1097. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

If the PC is running everything ok then i wouldn't worry too much about it.

Wouldn't worry about it, my overclocked cpu shows as 97.8% with the average being 77% so it just means if you were to overclock you'd be able to get a higher score than other people who didn't overclock..

Wouldn't worry about it, my overclocked cpu shows as 97.8% with the average being 77% so it just means if you were to overclock you'd be able to get a higher score than other people who didn't overclock..

Ah that makes sense. I didn't realise the average scores included overclocked CPUs.

I'm a bit paranoid at this early stage.

I overclocked my R5 1600 to 3.7GHz at 1.25V yesterday, tested it on Cinebench and Heaven and stressed it on Aida64 for just over 2 hours without issues. Temp on full load was 67C and idle was 29C.

Is this enough of a stress test to perform? Opinions seem to vary between a 30min test and a full 24 hours! I'm dying to start using the PC at this stage. :)

Forget about all those stress tests. Get gaming !!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah yeah, think I ran firestrike and timespy once and then went straight into gaming with mine, thoughts of a stress test never crossed my mind.

The stress test stresses me out more than my CPU, running in to check every 20 mins! :(

I think I'll just start enjoying it so.

Don't forget to throw your Steam ID up on the PC Gaming forum.

Don't forget to throw your Steam ID up on the PC Gaming forum.

Will do. Did I see your name pop up on one of Tech Deals' streams recently? I've been binge watching him lately, a great source of info.

Yea more than likely. He does good videos and seems to know his stuff even though he can be a bit cheesy sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

As per the Vega thread I need to send back my waterblock to Ocuk.
    Any recommendations who to use please?

Scratch that,I just got immediate response informing me the will suppy a shipping label. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I've a quick question,

I'm trying to return a defective GPU I bought last November to Amazon UK and I'm going around in circles on their website. When I click "Returns Support Centre" and click "Start a return" it takes me to my order history, but there is no button to click on to continue on with the process for the GPU. Strangely this is also the case for all the items in my order history, except for the most recent purchase. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

game4it70 wrote: »
    As per the Vega thread I need to send back my waterblock to Ocuk.

Scratch that,I just got immediate response informing me the will suppy a shipping label. :D

Oh dear,now I'm told they can't supply the label as not in the UK.
    An post is 35e for it because of the weight.

Back to the original question,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

It's well hidden but you'll find a page where you can just send them an email about it without being specific to an item you've bought. They do hide it well though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Oh dear,now I'm told they can't supply the label as not in the UK.
    An post is 35e for it because of the weight.

Back to the original question,

How heavy is it? Is that by registered post?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

superg wrote: »
    It's well hidden but you'll find a page where you can just send them an email about it without being specific to an item you've bought. They do hide it well though!

Just found it, thanks. Just go to "Contact us" and and "Tell us more about your issue".

How heavy is it? Is that by registered post?

Yep registered,I've not weighed it but according to amazon's package weight it's just under a kilogram at 0.997903.I would presume it will be over by the time I package it myself.

It's just a fancy lump of copper in reality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Yep registered,I've not weighed it but according to amazon's package weight it's just under a kilogram at 0.997903.I would presume it will be over by the time I package it myself.

It's just a fancy lump of copper in reality :D

Parcel motel it back to them , shouldnt cost too much that way. Was cheaper then an post for some items.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Parcel motel it back to them , shouldnt cost too much that way. Was cheaper then an post for some items.

Thanks I'll check that out.

Edit:
    Thanks again Redfox as it worked out at 14.50e which is much more reasonable.

• Advertisement

Popped my 144fps cherry.

Oh my god. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement