Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

BloodBath wrote: »

I'm running Vega64. I should of mentioned that Id like to go bigger than 23/24". I'd love a 34" but don't think my budge allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I have a Corsair k65 mech keyboard and I've got a return for Corsair, turns out their address for returns in the UK is Scan, Does anyone ever have experience with them?

I sent a psu back to them that went faulty after a few years, was all handled very well and since the psu I sent them was no longer in production they sent me a better one, brand new, by way of replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Blitz17 wrote: »
    I'm running Vega64. I should of mentioned that Id like to go bigger than 23/24". I'd love a 34" but don't think my budge allows.

This is probably your best bet then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G4AUGR6/?tag=pcp0f-21

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

BloodBath wrote: »
    This is probably your best bet then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G4AUGR6/?tag=pcp0f-21

I have this exact monitor, it's great. I got it off cclonline directly as opposed to from amazon and it came out cheaper and with 2 day delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

superg wrote: »
    I sent a psu back to them that went faulty after a few years, was all handled very well and since the psu I sent them was no longer in production they sent me a better one, brand new, by way of replacement.

Yeah I rang san disk today got there side of the return policy, going to ring corsair tomorrow and see if they'll send me one and I'll send them the broken one so I'm not without any keyboard. :(

They did it for a friend in New York so lots of honey rolling of my tongue tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah I rang san disk today got there side of the return policy, going to ring corsair tomorrow and see if they'll send me one and I'll send them the broken one so I'm not without any keyboard. :(

They did it for a friend in New York so lots of honey rolling of my tongue tomorrow :D

I asked them to do that for me but that was a no go so I had no PC while I waited for the new PSU. Only downside. Worth asking though.

superg wrote: »
    I asked them to do that for me but that was a no go so I had no PC while I waited for the new PSU. Only downside. Worth asking though.

I forgot I had/have a gaming laptop :pac:

(it's the wife's) ;)

Just posting this here, has anyone got any ideas with the VPP_mem voltage, 1.8 voltage, and 2.5 SBB voltage?

Should I be conccerned, its a ryzen 1700x

430993.jpg

Over clocking noobb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Moved from a U2412M to a C24FG73 from Samsung.

Bog-standard 1080p IPS to 144Hz 1080p curved VA.

VA is pretty nice, 144Hz is immediately noticeable, and the curve is fine. Not as big of a thing as I thought. It's also freesync, but as I don't have an AMD card handy I can't test that. Mostly got it to see what 144Hz was like, and yup, I think I'll be keeping this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Any thoughts on upgrading from a 7600k to a 7700k vs switching to ryzen and getting a 1600 (maybe x) and mainboard, for the same price as the 7700k alone?

I know that the 1600 will be a bit slower but ondering would the drop in clocks be very noticeable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

IF you have the 7600K, just OC it as far as it will go and use that.

I dont think there was much of a step up between the 7600k to 7700k. Better to wait a year or two and see whats next for Ryzen2 or Coffelake or the next one from Intel.

They money might be better spend on a GPU upgrade or a new monitor.

Any thoughts on upgrading from a 7600k to a 7700k vs switching to ryzen and getting a 1600 (maybe x) and mainboard, for the same price as the 7700k alone?

I know that the 1600 will be a bit slower but ondering would the drop in clocks be very noticeable?

Depends on what your doing with it are you looking fot multicore performance, or single core the ryzen cpu's are good but there still in their infancey. To be fair 7700k has blistering single core performance. Its a trade of if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

7700k if I had to. Better and less hassle to upgrade, just a 5 minute job.

It'll make a big difference in some games and none in others, but a good bump in multi-threaded software.

Overall I'd be inclined to agree, just overclock it as much you can and stick with it for now. It wouldn't be worth the outlay unless you have a few specific uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Cheers for the opinions lads

Lads, where's best for parts from Germany these days since Mind Factory turned so xenophobic?

Looking at Amazon vs. MF, Germany would be a much better option. Do Computer Universe still ship here, or has somewhere better shown up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Serephucus wrote: »
    Lads, where's best for parts from Germany these days since Mind Factory turned so xenophobic?

Looking at Amazon vs. MF, Germany would be a much better option. Do Computer Universe still ship here, or has somewhere better shown up?

computeruniverse.net

Tried those guys. Prices are pretty much in line with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tried those guys. Prices are pretty much in line with Amazon.

Handy site:

https://geizhals.de/

Oh I'm aware of Geizhals. Checked the top few sites listed there for items. None shipped to Ireland, sadly, other than Amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im debating to get a Switch come Friday when Mario is out

• Advertisement

Whats up with mind factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Whats up with mind factory?

Probably didn't want to deal with the thousands of GPUs crypto-miners were buying.
    Maybe they got stung on a few bad deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My bargain laptop shat a brick last night. Threw me this error on boot, no os found.

Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller Error: "Check Cable Connection" at Boot-Up(R2)

After googling its clear that it does not see ssd or os and trying to find it online.

I did some tests and check bios and ssd is still there. No errors or issues.
    Took the back of the laptop and disconnected m.2 ssd then put it back in as it could have been just lose connection, but no luck.

If it still sees ssd, do you thing its worth trying to install windows freshly on it? Or am I wasting my time?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Probably didn't want to deal with the thousands of GPUs crypto-miners were buying.
    Maybe they got stung on a few bad deliveries.

Yeah there use UPS being honest I think Ups are probably one of the most inaccurate delivery companies They scan there parcels. I always find DPD better there who I use on a regular basis.

I thought mind factory are good to deal with, but the issue of if there was a problem, these days I'd most likely turn to Overclockers and amazon, take the small hit but know who Im dealing with.

My bargain laptop shat a brick last night. Threw me this error on boot, no os found.

Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller Error: "Check Cable Connection" at Boot-Up(R2)

After googling its clear that it does not see ssd or os and trying to find it online.

I did some tests and check bios and ssd is still there. No errors or issues.
    Took the back of the laptop and disconnected m.2 ssd then put it back in as it could have been just lose connection, but no luck.

If it still sees ssd, do you thing its worth trying to install windows freshly on it? Or am I wasting my time?

Check and see if PXE (network boot) is set as an option? If it is, disable it, and just have the OS drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Check and see if PXE (network boot) is set as an option? If it is, disable it, and just have the OS drive.

It is as secondary. In boot options, not bios. Though I dont see how to change it there. It only lets me move it up or down.
    I checked in bios, but for some reason I didnt notice anything PXE related in boot order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Thinking of selling my 1070 and investing in a 1080 or 1080ti. I've no interest in 4K so would i be mad spending the extra money on a ti?
    I game at 1440p. Any thoughts?

What's your monitor refresh rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

165hz. Usually get about 80fps on average with AAA stuff. Card starting to get loud now so i'm guessing it's having to work harder at 1440p.

• Advertisement

165hz. Usually get about 80fps on average with AAA stuff. Card starting to get loud now so i'm guessing it's having to work harder at 1440p.

It's probably starved for cool air.
    I've been thinking of adding a sidepanel fan (or 2) to my case.

But yeah, if you need more performance might as well go for an upgrade while the 1070 resale price is high.
    *however, 1070 Ti launch is expected in 2 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement