Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Im on the red team and only interested in gaming on a single panel, so its really just for development work that I need the other two. Might look too weird though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

HWVS so slow to cancel my order lol. No response to the email which I sent a week ago. Ah well. My other order went through smoothy, but I have to wait til Monday to havw it delivered, despite it being in Dublin already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vaxx

Mine was supposed to be fully in stock yesterday but still no confirmation... Now part is due in the 7th of Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BanterZone

Vaxx wrote: »
    Mine was supposed to be fully in stock yesterday but still no confirmation... Now part is due in the 7th of Jan

Was it a EVGA gtx 970? I had ordered that and rang them up this morning when it said delivery date unkown to find out if more and I ended up getting it swapped for a Gainward gtx 970, and my order then got posted out a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vaxx

BanterZone wrote: »
    Was it a EVGA gtx 970? I had ordered that and rang them up this morning when it said delivery date unkown to find out if more and I ended up getting it swapped for a Gainward gtx 970, and my order then got posted out a few hours later.

Yep that was it I might give them a ring on sat and get it swapped out for something else, thanks banter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just had an OCZ vertex die on me.... balls to that. It's within warranty, but that doesn't get the files back

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoin91

I'm more of a lurker then a poster on here but happy Christmas to all in the PC building community here, hope you all have a great day and enjoy tinkering with any new parts :)

eoin91 wrote: »
    I'm more of a lurker then a poster on here but happy Christmas to all in the PC building community here, hope you all have a great day and enjoy tinkering with any new parts :)

My card is sitting in Shannon right now since last night... Won't have it til Monday. Dat timing.

Enjo all!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,184 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What ya think lads

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-081-DE

Im looking forward to the reviews but this is mouth watering

Im seriously considering it but I really need the reviews which I hope to see in Jan

Headshot wrote: »
    What ya think lads

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-081-DE

Im looking forward to the reviews but this is mouth watering

Im seriously considering it but I really need the reviews which I hope to see in Jan
    Mother uh jaysus. If only I had the money! And another pair of 290s for Trifire...

• Advertisement

Why not the ones Linus has already covered? One of them seemed to be pretty daycent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ED E wrote: »
    Why not the ones Linus has already covered? One of them seemed to be pretty daycent.

Yeah, the Lg one. There is updated version on that LG too now.

I LOVE these 21:9 aspect 4k monitors, but the price is still not there for me. Considering that you will need some horse power to run on of these bastards too.

Yeah, the Lg one. There is updated version on that LG too now.

I LOVE these 21:9 aspect 4k monitors, but the price is still not there for me. Considering that you will need some horse power to run on of these bastards too.

If I ever get a raise I'd love to find two 21:9s with VESA mounts and do a 1 on top of the other setup. Essentially 4 screens for dev work and 1 large + 2 when gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

At the moment I'm considering an S27D590C from Samsung. Curved 27" 1080p VA for around €370. (not going good 4K for eyesight reasons) 3000:1 contrast. Awwww yis.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,184 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is GTA still out in January ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Serephucus wrote: »
    At the moment I'm considering an S27D590C from Samsung. Curved 27" 1080p VA for around €370. (not going good 4K for eyesight reasons) 3000:1 contrast. Awwww yis.

Sweet, you need to get three, shame to waste that curve ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Headshot wrote: »
    Is GTA still out in January ?

Yeah still looks good for a january release. The 27th is the official date but rockstar have said recently the game is in final stages of development so wouldnt be totally surprised to see it a little earlier.

Got it on the PS4 and it looks great,bloody 30fps though:( While it feels more responsive than you average 30fps title it still feels really clunky,especially in first person. Hopefully none of that be an issue on PC version though,60fps all the way and cant wait to see what they do with the fidelity,its already a good looking game on console so hopefully they put in the work for the PC port because i think it could be an amazing looking PC game:)

Also throughly enjoying the gameplay,the story is crude and not much to write home about but its good enough to just keep the interest up. Online is fun but load times are verging on ridiculous,best thing to do is get in a lobby and stay in it otherwise could be 5-10 mins before you can get into another one. The game feels fun right from the off,something that i thought was missing in GTA IV .Definite purchase for me on PC as well seen as it will probably be half the price i paid for it on PS4;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just placed an order on a 5820k and an msi x99s motherboard. I'm going to sell my spare parts now.
    Just wondering would it make sense when selling the rampage iv extreme motherboard to remove the waterblock and put the standard cooler back on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Does anyone have any idea where one could get a 60% mechanical keyboard in Europe with UK layout. (Poker, Pure, V60 Mini?)
    All Amazon have is German layout and I really want one, as I don't use numpad anyway and the small size would be an amazing space saver!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

deceit wrote: »
    I just placed an order on a 5820k and an msi x99s motherboard. I'm going to sell my spare parts now.
    Just wondering would it make sense when selling the rampage iv extreme motherboard to remove the waterblock and put the standard cooler back on it?

Nice shiny new toys :cool:

I think WC gear doesn't sell well on adverts so I'd put the stock cooling back on it.

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in an Accelero Xtreme 7950/7970? Have a 290 Vaporx on the way and will be remounting my atock cooler on my 7950 to sell the Xtreme and card separately (unless someone will take both!)?

It will come with all the heatsinks, some thermal paste etc (but can't guarantee every parr will be there, I didn't use the supplied heatsinks as the ones on my card were OK already so 99% of the parts should be there).

Sebd me a message!

Noooo! Missed my first delivery attempt. Will have to wait 'til tomorrow for my card now :( Anyone have experience with UPS delivery second attempts? They always delivered in the evening (4 - 6) for me, but I'm hoping perhaps they might try earlier tomorrow morning maybe due to missing the first time? Or do they prioritise evenings for non businesses? Gah. I hate looking forward to something and then being disappointed :/

Yer on a route, so its usually +-1hr of the same time each day for each courier. Rurally it might vary a bit more.

If you know youll miss it call them and arrange to collect it from the depot instead.

ED E wrote: »
    Yer on a route, so its usually +-1hr of the same time each day for each courier. Rurally it might vary a bit more.

If you know youll miss it call them and arrange to collect it from the depot instead.

The depot is in Shannon so not worth heading out there (from Limerick). Ya, all my deliveries have been in the evening, so no chance of getting it any earlier tomorrow I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Oh bloody hell its happened again.

I was dead set on getting the Corsair Air 540 and a whole build to go with it, but now I'm thinking of going for the NZXT H440. This in itself is not a big deal (Actually it bloody well is) but now I basically may have to choose a new motherboard, an ATX instead or stick with a micro ATX.

Blast you indecisive mind! Both cases are gorgeous! Has anyone got either and got an opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Will you be air or water cooling? How many drives do you need? GPU config etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Oh bloody hell its happened again.

I was dead set on getting the Corsair Air 540 and a whole build to go with it, but now I'm thinking of going for the NZXT H440. This in itself is not a big deal (Actually it bloody well is) but now I basically may have to choose a new motherboard, an ATX instead or stick with a micro ATX.

Blast you indecisive mind! Both cases are gorgeous! Has anyone got either and got an opinion?

That's actually exactly the same boat as me, butI'm looking at the Nzxt Phantom as well as the other two.

I could see myself hating the dimensions of the 540 but I really want it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Air 540 forever! It's a lovely case with a tonne of room. I whole heartedly recommend it!

290 vapor x is here. Got a great deal on it. Man it's effing heavy :) Time to put it through it's paces now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gumbi wrote: »
    290 vapor x is here. Got a great deal on it. Man it's effing heavy :) Time to put it through it's paces now.

Enjoy

I got a christmas present in work, €200 quid on a Mastercard thingy I can use anywhere.

Absolutely sweating bullets. Few lads saying there is typically some component sales that kick off this week and next, and to hold off pulling the trigger.

Did some serious intensive investigations last 48 hours. Finnally moving away from AMD and getting myself an i5, 4660 looks to be the settled choice thanks for Terrorfirmer here. Also have my Mobo picked out and it's coming in at a cool sub €300 which is under my budget, chuffed.

Was going to grab myself a GTX970 but going to hold off until March to see how I get on with the new CPU, then can go ham if required.

Crazy how quickly I go from an idea of an upgrade, to making it happen :D

On a somewhat seperate issue, have a CM Hyper 212 EVO sitting unused at home, had to RMA a mobo last year and accidently sent back the backingplate, pricks wouldn't send it back to me. Can't find repalcement part for love nor money. Only noticed last week that my CPU temps getting high. Really need to find that backingplate.

Would anyone have an EVO 212 lieing about or spare parts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement