Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That is an insane games package, like if the card is even remotely priced well it'll sell.

Initially I was thinking of the Nvidia GTX -90 cards, and thinking it was a dual RX580 single PCB card!

Not sure about the card though, really depends on pricing. Just like the RX580 is a better RX480, this seems like just a decent improvement on the RX580 but how's it going to slot in against the Vega 56 and 1070.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

how's it going to slot in against the Vega 56 and 1070.

AMD are very quiet about it's release. I have been following the leaks the past month or two so I knew it was not a dual card.

It will be interesting alright to see how it fairs against the 56.

I doubt their will be much overclocking headroom as the cards I have seen are close to 1600MHz and one card has a 1600MHz turbo. I wonder would it perform better if they used GDDRX but I suppose that would bring the cost up.

I seen some comments online thinking $200(NOT A HOPE) I reckon it will be close to €300, could be more though considering the prices at the minute yes the crypto boom is over but cards are still keenly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    PowerColor RX 590 premature release

Comes with game codes for Resident Evil 2 Remake, Devil May Cry 5 & The Division 2!

Looks like a 2.5 slot card ?
    Do they fit in it cases ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

will56 wrote: »
    Looks like a 2.5 slot card ?
    Do they fit in it cases ?

Yeah it's 2.5 slot, but I expect other vendors will have 2-slot cards.
    Most mini-ITX cases fit 2-slot cards max.

Yeah it's 2.5 slot, but I expect other vendors will have 2-slot cards.
    Most mini-ITX cases fit 2-slot cards max.

Yeah with the new RTX cards I'm wondering if I need to move to an m-atx case if newer cards are going to be 2.5 slot

• Advertisement

will56 wrote: »
    Yeah with the new RTX cards I'm wondering if I need to move to an m-atx case if newer cards are going to be 2.5 slot

I'd just invest in water cooling; the temperature drop from 2.5 slot cooler to 120mm AIO in my GTX 980 Ti was insane (30 or 35C!)

I'd just invest in water cooling; the temperature drop from 2.5 slot cooler to 120mm AIO in my GTX 980 Ti was insane (30 or 35C!)

Will do, need to keep that in mind when I choose my next gpu so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I'll be keeping my eye out for a Samsung SSD for black friday/cyber monday. Looking to upgrade to at least 500gb. Personal preference is Samsung with them having the better SSD's but what would be the next best options for an SSD be?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

I'll be keeping my eye out for a Samsung SSD for black friday/cyber monday. Looking to upgrade to at least 500gb. Personal preference is Samsung with them having the better SSD's but what would be the next best options for an SSD be?

Crucial then Kingston I think

1TB Crucial's on Amazon at the moment with a great price. Waiting until BF myself to see if they come down even more.

• Advertisement

1TB Crucial's on Amazon at the moment with a great price. Waiting until BF myself to see if they come down even more.

Those 1Tb MX500s haven't shifted in price for a bit.
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Crucial-MX500-CT1000MX500SSD1-Internal-NAND/product/B077SF8KMG?context=search

Amazon BF sale starting on Friday. Will pull the trigger after that.

There's a Sandisk one too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-560MB-530MB-Write/dp/B071KGRXRG?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_ec55821e_NA&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How much do you think it'll retail at here?

Videocardz reporting its MSRP at US$279

Also it's using 12nm FinFet Polaris 30.

Officially a 12% boost in performance over RX 580; would be interesting if these just run cooler or if they can also OC heavily.

Went from a 1700X to a 9600K and much happier now with performance, the Ryzen was OK for average framerate but really under-performing in minimum frames. And the 9600K overclocks like a champ too.

Videocardz reporting its MSRP at US$279

Also it's using 12nm FinFet Polaris 30.

Officially a 12% boost in performance over RX 580; would be interesting if these just run cooler or if they can also OC heavily.

Overclockers have it
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-590-nitro-special-edition-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-38k-sp.html?campaign=affiliate/tag

With the games the card is about £149 !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Hey folks, this -https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html is currently on sale on overclockers uk for £299. It also comes with Resident Evil 2, The Division 2 and Devil May Cry 5.

I'm currently using an ageing GTX 970@1440p. Any thoughts on if it's a worthy upgrade? Cheers.

Yeah it's a big upgrade and serious value with those games.

Anyone have a Corsair 570X case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyone have a Corsair 570X case?

Yup.

superg wrote: »
    Yup.

How's it for ease of building inside it? Also, temps reasonable? Been offered one cheap and might make a change from my Meshify.

• Advertisement

How's it for ease of building inside it? Also, temps reasonable? Been offered one cheap and might make a change from my Meshify.

GamesNexus have reviewed it

Also you can check the temp differences between them in their Meshify C review

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Any black fri prebuilt Desktops about? Just after a higher spec i3 with 4GB RAM, SSD + HDD. Maybe a GPU if it's going but not necessary.

I got a game pack with my new CPU - Black Ops 4, Evasion, Killing Floor 2 + some random Adobe software....don't suppose anyone is interested for say €25? It's still €50+ on the key sites for just BO4 so I'd say that's pretty fair! It might require some tomfoolery with me having to log into an account created by you temporarily to validate my hardware, hence why I'd prefer not to do it with random people via adverts.

Had to do the same with Assassins Creed Odyssey for someone here before as it needed to validate the RX card tried to the promo was installed. This step might not be needed at all in this case but just in case.

vargoo wrote: »
    Any black fri prebuilt Desktops about? Just after a higher spec i3 with 4GB RAM, SSD + HDD. Maybe a GPU if it's going but not necessary.

Is it just for browsing/media?

Could build a barebones, really small but you can fit a lot inside.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: G.Skill - 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£41.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Kingston - A1000 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£73.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 2 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£66.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Other: Shuttle XPC nano NC02U3 (PFB-NC02U301) (£169.01)
    Total: £351.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-17 14:42 GMT+0000

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just bought a new chair

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07448ZDP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems a good deal and alot of positive reviews.

Looks good?

I wanted something really cushy for me arse lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd be fairly happy with that number of high scoring reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Temps fine and I found it very easy to build in.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Is it just for browsing/media?

Could build a barebones, really small but you can fit a lot inside.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: G.Skill - 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£41.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Kingston - A1000 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£73.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 2 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£66.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Other: Shuttle XPC nano NC02U3 (PFB-NC02U301) (£169.01)
    Total: £351.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-17 14:42 GMT+0000
    Yea, just browsing, watch the odd movie, but I've no clue how to build - it'll go wrong and I'm not wasting hours trying to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well I started having problems with my PC when I came back from town this evening. First the computer hanged at login screen and then hanged for a minute or two after logging in. Rebooted and that turned into black screen of death.

I thought my SSD was on the way out but after a good long while of trouble shooting it seems windows is corrupted or so I think anyway tried a lot of fixes. Safe boot black screen, windows startup fix finds nothing wrong. Internet points to re-install of windows which I done on a SSD I had lying around. At least my files are safe on old SSD so if there is a fix I find I can always re-install said SSD again.

The problem seems to have stemmed from the windows update I done yesterday or day before. I may also have got a silent update, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Well I started having problems with my PC when I came back from town this evening. First the computer hanged at login screen and then hanged for a minute or two after logging in. Rebooted and that turned into black screen of death.

I thought my SSD was on the way out but after a good long while of trouble shooting it seems windows is corrupted or so I think anyway tried a lot of fixes. Safe boot black screen, windows startup fix finds nothing wrong. Internet points to re-install of windows which I done on a SSD I had lying around. At least my files are safe on old SSD so if there is a fix I find I can always re-install said SSD again.

The problem seems to have stemmed from the windows update I done yesterday or day before. I may also have got a silent update, who knows.

The joys of auto-updating windows right there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement