Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ah, I love amazon so much.

And something for my fully shaved head as winter is getting a bit cold! :p
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GBVKOKI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

You ****ing commie bastard! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You ****ing commie bastard! :cool:

:D

PutinDM_228x321.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Ah, I love amazon so much.

10m hdmi cable 11£ ( maplins website 79.99£, I can only imagine irish one! :eek: )
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004XJC6ZG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Logitech wireless keyboard. 15.99£ Not a fan of that "wallpaper", but its almost 10£ cheaper then normal one.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005BUNK1U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

And something for my fully shaved head as winter is getting a bit cold! :p
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GBVKOKI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Great find on the HDMI cable I needed one of those and have ordered the same

srumball wrote: »

Glad to help!

I was thinking of getting one in brick and mortars, but looks like amazon is the only sensible way to go. 10m hdmi cables seems to be rare.

Argos wants 28eu for 5m one and dont even offer 10m one. Forget about Maplins... I still dont understand how are they still in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Glad to help!

I was thinking of getting one in brick and mortars, but looks like amazon is the only sensible way to go. 10m hdmi cables seems to be rare.

Argos wants 28eu for 5m one and dont even offer 10m one. Forget about Maplins... I still dont understand how are they still in business.

HDMI cables and seemingly just cables in general are one area where you're pretty much ALWAYS much better off going online. The bricks and mortars charge outrageous prices for them in my experience. I remember a couple of years ago seeing a 10m standard looking HDMI cable in Curry's for upwards of €100. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Power City do a 10m one for €24.95 if one was needed in a hurry.

Ive found power city to have the best prices for bits and pieces like this in my area

Well my internet is **** tonight... 3mbit out of 100mbit. Havent had it so bad in freaking years.
    I wonder if it has something to do with this massive wind. Annoying as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

probably lucky we've got power atm hah

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Well my internet is **** tonight... 3mbit out of 100mbit. Havent had it so bad in freaking years.

eFibre? Shouldnt be affected by the wind as its all underground.

EDIT: * unless your individual drop wire has been damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You are still getting faster speeds than I do on a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Amazon is always the way for HDMI cables and Ethernet cables. I needed a pretty large ethernet cable there last year to run from the apartment living room to PC room.

For the size I needed local shops were asking for between €50-70, absolute joke. Got one from Amazon for €12

Worth remembering that you can get Amazon branded HDMI cables for less then a euro, when you order another product that they are shipping from the warehouse. I've loads of them at home, good length HDMI, costing less then a euro. Not sure what price they are now, but every now and again I'll throw 3 of them on top of an order.

Have probably given more away to friends and family then I have in actual use :D

But it goes to show the absolute scam pricing that goes on here for some things, cabling is an especially embarrasing pricing point for irish stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,193 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My soon to be new baby

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-026-AO&groupid=17&catid=2898

Just considering to buy a DP cable or stick with the monitors one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Headshot wrote: »
    My soon to be new baby

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-026-AO&groupid=17&catid=2898

What a beast,lucky you.
    I'd stick with the monitors one presuming they supply one/some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea, I would question if they supply one. Usually just come with vga & dvi cables

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

My soon to be new baby

lots of pics and a review plz :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,193 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its gotten great reviews from my reading. Im looking forward to it.

My soon to be new baby

jizz-in-my-pants-jewish-300x222.jpg

Finally a nicely priced 21:9 4k Monitor. Thats going to be my next monitor too. Anyone want to buy 2x2312hms? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The latest rumours for the AMD Fiji series of cards:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42804/radeon-r9-390x-announced-soon-300w-tdp/index.html
    When can we expect the new Radeon R9 390X and R9 380X? Well, the reports state that AMD is already taping out the new R9 380X, which means we could see GPUs in consumers' hands in the coming weeks, so we might see AMD unleash these new cards before NVIDIA kicks off its GPU Technology Conference in March, where we might see something unveiled - last year, we saw the GeForce GTX Titan Z for example. Whatever happens, it's exciting times in the world of GPUs, that's for sure.

Sounds like plenty of pure speculation and it's based off some guy who works for AMD's linkedin profile so the 390x being 28nm and using HBM seem to be all that is certain for the time being.

The rumours that it's going to draw 300W(300W is it's TDP - the amount of heat generated - and not the power draw) seem to be getting some people animated after Maxwell's modest power consumption but I'm not sure there's any reason to be arsed about it until we start seeing benchmarks.

Fingers crossed we'll see it some time this quarter.

Gbear wrote: »
    The latest rumours for the AMD Fiji series of cards:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42804/radeon-r9-390x-announced-soon-300w-tdp/index.html

Sounds like plenty of pure speculation and it's based off some guy who works for AMD's linkedin profile so the 390x being 28nm and using HBM seem to be all that is certain for the time being.

The rumours that it's going to draw 300W(300W is it's TDP - the amount of heat generated - and not the power draw) seem to be getting some people animated after Maxwell's modest power consumption but I'm not sure there's any reason to be arsed about it until we start seeing benchmarks.

Fingers crossed we'll see it some time this quarter.

All I care about is GPU WARZZZZZZZ!!! Start slashing those prices and undercutting each other. I will need horse power to run that bastard 34inch 21:9 monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

jizz-in-my-pants-jewish-300x222.jpg

Finally a nicely priced 21:9 4k Monitor. Thats going to be my next monitor too. Anyone want to buy 2x2312hms? :P

I might be in the market for one of them as a secondary monitor, any idea how much you'd sell them for yet?

• Advertisement

I might be in the market for one of them as a secondary monitor, any idea how much you'd sell them for yet?

No idea yet m8. I will see how I will be with moneys to get that monitor. Specially when second build is still on the table. Will need GPU upgrade too, so I dont think I will be selling it soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I'm looking for a large 1920x1080 display. I have a 22 inch LG IPS display at the moment, I would like an extra few inches.... Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I would like an extra few inches....

That's what she said, sorry couldn't resist.

That monitor is beautiful. Will it support free-sync?

Looking to make the jump to 4k as soon as it's feasible with free-sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

OCZ sending me a replacement SSD for the one that failed. Have to say their RMA service is actually very good and fast.

Update on this:

8gV5nG.jpg
    OCZ-Vertex-460A-standing-angled.png.pagespeed.ce.3bbACtCpzL1JL1GSfzND.png

Swanky looking new SSD :D
    OCZ’s Vertex 460A series of SSDs are rated for sequential read speeds of (up to) 545 MB/s, with sequential write speeds of (up to) 525 MB/s. Random 4K read speeds are stated as (up to) 95,000 IOPS, with random 4K write speeds of (up to) 90,000 IOPS.

Also came with a copy of Acronis TrueImage

Definitely better than the drive it replaced!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ughhh

I've gone through THREE of their Vertex Agility 3 drives. Granted their RMA process is pretty decent and they have sorted me out with replacements, but made a decision to just remove it and buy another Crucial SSD, which has been flawless.

Have to say won't touch of OCZ ever again, the amount of bluescreens and PC downtime was nothing short of a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

any opinions on kingston or Transend SSD's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Jsmurff wrote: »
    any opinions on kingston or Transend SSD's?

Have a kingston, motoring along nicely for the last 3 years, but a sample size of one may not be representative :pac:

Google Kingston SSD failure to see if there was any newsworthy amounts of failure for the model you are considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

just google trancend and they are considered quite robust their 32GB SSD endured 45TB of writing.
    The 64GB is what iam hoping to get can endure 80TB writing for €44 thats not bad.
    They also do a 1TB model that can endure 1180TB of writing.

source: http://www.legitreviews.com/transcend-ssd370-128gb-sata-6gbs-ssd-review_150465

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Linky
    Sweet mother of....:eek:
    I can only imagine the cost of this with 12gb of vram.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheDoc wrote: »
    ughhh

I've gone through THREE of their Vertex Agility 3 drives. Granted their RMA process is pretty decent and they have sorted me out with replacements, but made a decision to just remove it and buy another Crucial SSD, which has been flawless.

Have to say won't touch of OCZ ever again, the amount of bluescreens and PC downtime was nothing short of a disaster.

That's mental, I have a first gen OCZ SSD and it hasn't hiccuped once. I must be lucky so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement