Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

I actually got the Markus yesterday in IKEA. Happy enough with it and installation is easy enough (just make sure you have somebody to help you though) Not sure if it's just mine but the back support rocks slightly back when it's locked in the fully upright position. You get that Papu?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

N64 wrote: »
    I actually got the Markus yesterday in IKEA. Happy enough with it and installation is easy enough (just make sure you have somebody to help you though) Not sure if it's just mine but the back support rocks slightly back when it's locked in the fully upright position. You get that Papu?

Yeah it moves slightly when you push back and you hear the locking mechanism .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

glynf wrote: »
    Humanscale freedom headrest. Ropey back, old chair was not helping...and got this one for a great price on Gumtree.

^This.

Roughly $1000 brand new on amazon(dot)com though:)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00062X3II/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1432855497&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=humanscale+freedom+headrest&dpPl=1&dpID=31lW99TPV4L&ref=plSrch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I also bought a Markus recently, and I'm happy enough with it. I'd like the back support to be able to come forward just a tad more, but it's definitely comfortable. I'm 6'3" also, and um, "more" than 100kg. :o Love the mesh back - keeps your torso cool during the long, hot Irish summer......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Markus user here also, bought mine about 4 year ago.

Hands down winner for me. I've sat in a few DX Racers that have a bit of buzz about them and they are super comfy, but not an extra €100-150 above the Markus.

I sit leaning a bit forward, so am never actually properly "sitting" into the chair if you know what I mean. As in my head doesn't touch the headrest, and my shoulderblades arn't near the back of the chair.

Have noticed the last few months a shooting pain in my arsecheek when I'm having prolonged session. Not sure if the chair maybe is on the way out, or if I'm sitting really weird.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Markus user here also, bought mine about 4 year ago.

Hands down winner for me. I've sat in a few DX Racers that have a bit of buzz about them and they are super comfy, but not an extra €100-150 above the Markus.

I sit leaning a bit forward, so am never actually properly "sitting" into the chair if you know what I mean. As in my head doesn't touch the headrest, and my shoulderblades arn't near the back of the chair.

Have noticed the last few months a shooting pain in my arsecheek when I'm having prolonged session. Not sure if the chair maybe is on the way out, or if I'm sitting really weird.

I doubt it's the chair, try this stretch out a few times a day on both sides.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly1clgzpcsQ

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

papu wrote: »
    I doubt it's the chair, try this stretch out a few times a day on both sides.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly1clgzpcsQ

haha, sure will give that a try, really bothering me last while.

The posture she has at the start of the video is a "slightly" exaggerated version of what I do, but not far off.

I'd actually like to sit up straight and have my back against the chair, and head against the headrest, but for some reason cant do it.

I accidently placed my monitor above my eyeline on the wall, and thought cool now I'll definitely sit up straight, but I'm such a huncher.

Yeah, when I was setting up my new desk and chair I made sure to set it up properly
    zahra_em_20111201_p0008-5.jpg

If it gets really bad get an exercise ball to sit on, there's no way to hunch on one of those :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Yeah, when I was setting up my new desk and chair I made sure to set it up properly

If it gets really bad get an exercise ball to sit on, there's no way to hunch on one of those :D

I thought that was all rolled back on...more harm than good...no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

herman miller aeron master race

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

yup, I knew it was boll0x

_42328901_seating_pos3_416.gif

What you do here is sit whatever way you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

yup, I knew it was boll0x

_42328901_seating_pos3_416.gif

What you do here is sit whatever way you like.

That's exactly how I normally sit more or less. And there was me thinking it was just comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

So I've ordered a new 144hz monitor and forgot to order a displayport cable with it. Does anyone know any shops in Dublin which sell either DisplayPort to DisplayPort or DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

^Maplins do them I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Not the best ssd out there but perfectly fine.
    Amazon have it at about same price with free delivery.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-240GB-Solid-2-5-inch/dp/B00A1ZTZNM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thats grand i wasnt in the market for an ssd but i was just curious as to if it was a bargain or just poorer quality as most of the other ones over 200gb were nearly over a hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So who's getting the 980TI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Headshot wrote: »
    So who's getting the 980TI ?

Not me,I refuse to pay Nvidia's higher end prices.

400e is about as much as i want to pay for a new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Planning on upgrading my 780's with them. Looks like a decent enough performance jump to justify changing, waiting on the reviews and also depending on what the pricing is on release; I've budgeted about £450 a card ex Vat., no way I'm going over that. Currently rumours/leaks are that they will be $800 USD, others have $650 on release-hopefully nearer the latter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im actually put my Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Vapor-X OC 8192MB on adverts. Im going back to my first love Nvidia

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Love that only goes one way isn't very healthy :P

Now back to wolfenstein with me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Was vaguely thinking of it, but nah. I've got other stuff I want to spend my money on (Surface Pro 4, monitor, 1TB SSD... ).

Back in my day, a flagship GPU was €500, and that's the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I don't really need a 980ti but my god do I want one. I'd need a new water block for it though. I'll see how much I make in tips over the next few weeks and decide then.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Was just watching Linus' review the LG 34" 21:9 monitor.. and now I want one :(

No way I can justify the price tag though.. working around €800 - €900 euro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrxNfxRK_4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Just walked into a store in Germany and picked up two 500gb Samsung ssd's for 179 each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Nice, was it Mediamarkt?

Yea it was :)

Found a G27 steering wheel in another store for 200. Really tempted to pick it up. Only problem is I have no suitcase to bring it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

deceit wrote: »
    Found a G27 steering wheel in another store for 200. Really tempted to pick it up. Only problem is I have no suitcase to bring it back

€218 delivered through parcel motel off Amazon.fr anyways or €227 delviered straight to your Irish address.

http://www.amazon.fr/Logitech-Ensemble-Volant-p%C3%A9dales-vitesse/dp/B00CJ5FP1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433082054&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g27

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement