Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I would order from the link but only 80% full feedback. I would be wary. Prefer ordering only from 98-100% feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

deceit wrote: »
    I would order from the link but only 80% full feedback. I would be wary. Prefer ordering only from 98-100% feedback

Where do you see 80%? The link I shared ships and sold from Amazon themselves. Not a 3rd party. I purchased from this exact link before Christmas and received it in 100% condition.

Edit: You using mobile? I see overall review of this item is 4 out of 5 stars which would be about 80%. That's nothing to do with an individual seller being trustworthy or not. Most the 1 star reviews are from people who have no idea how to calibrate the wheel properly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is with adverts and always an offer of a swap plus cash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Headshot wrote: »
    What is with adverts and always an offer of a swap plus cash :D

Jaysus he's selling a 970, must be looking to upgrade"

'Offered:Zotac GTX 660 I've damaged through over clocking, €100 and half a packet of Juicy Fruits'

I just ignore anything that isn't a cash offer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Yea I was on a phone. Seen only 60 out of 110 where 5 star, can't understand french so no idea why the poor reviews :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

deceit wrote: »
    Yea I was on a phone. Seen only 60 out of 110 where 5 star, can't understand french so no idea why the poor reviews :)

I can, thanks to google chrome with built in translators. A lot of mothers who ordered for their sons for ps2's etc and wondering why they don't work properly. :pac:

Anyways, it's safe. It's the factory new logitech g27 from a reputable source for a good price.

lol if your a Titan owner

Someone broke the NDA and heres the review of the 980TI

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2433246

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

lol if your a Titan owner

Someone broke the NDA and heres the review of the 980TI

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2433246

Damm, if those number are correct :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its basically a Titan with just a tiny sliver of silicon crimped off the edge and half of the Titan's relatively under-utilized mountain of VRAM missing. Logically the result was always going to fuel the roflcopter for a nice long poo-flinging tour around the the Titan Owners Club while everyone stands around failing miserably at looking even remotely sympathetic towards them :D:p

GTX 980 TI review by Overclockers3D up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9U4SGJayk

The stock reference version from Nvidia costs £549.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The old 980 price is dropping nearer the 450 euro mark so would it be far off thinking the 970 price will drop by a good bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id expect the most basic 3rd party 980 Ti's to be at least €800 considering a mrsp £549 on the reference models if TTL is to be believed and current exchange rates.

A lot of media outlets saying the Ti is priced competitively? Seriously? Yeah the performance is very good in a lot of aspects but my god thats a lot of money!!

Might as well stick it in the 'enthusiast' range like the Titan for me. Until a single card can consistently handle 4K at max settings ive no interest in paying that kind of money. My initial impressions from early reviews anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I never watched a review and I always assumed it was GTX 980 [pronounce] T and [pronounce] i and not GTX 980 toy like he says in his videos.

I'm fairly sure it is Tee Eye. Didn't it come from Titanium, symbol which is Ti. All elemental symbols are pronounced letter by letter, so if it comes from Titanium the Tee Eye would be correct.

Maybe I don't want to agree with Tom Logan though

Definitely T then i,but toy is lingo innit bruv:)

Makes up my mind to get 2 of those Beasts. Just need to sell my current GPU now.

Makes up my mind to get 2 of those Beasts. Just need to sell my current GPU now.

Possibly €1600 on GPU's alone? Man thats crazy money!

If you do be sure to put up a few benches and pics though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

He has too much money. :pac: Sure he had two of his current card at one stage. At 600 or 700 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Looking at reviews they are very impressive.
    Ocuk will have them up for pre-order at 2pm today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The price is a lot better than I was expecting, and they're actually not bad value at all if you were looking at a 980. The 970 still edges it out in that regard, but it's only around 60% as powerful, so there's that.

Serephucus wrote: »
    The price is a lot better than I was expecting, and they're actually not bad value at all if you were looking at a 980. The 970 still edges it out in that regard, but it's only around 60% as powerful, so there's that.

I think its more of a case of it being perceived good value due to Nvidia having a brilliant marketing strategy by releasing the Titan series for a grand then slightly less powerful GPU's for 3/4 of the price!

Prior to the Titan's, a top tier single GPU card was in the €500-600 mark max.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Venom wrote: »
    I think its more of a case of it being perceived good value due to Nvidia having a brilliant marketing strategy by eleasing the Titan series for a grand then slightly less powerful GPU's for 3/4 of the price!

Prior to the Titan's, a top tier single GPU card was in the 500-600 quid mark max.

This thing is $650/£550 though, should be €600.

I didn't necessarily mean it was amazing value in and of itself, more that it's about the same bang/buck as a 980; NVIDIA didn't give it much of a "Titan tax", as it were.

Serephucus wrote: »
    This thing is $650/£550 though, should be €600.

I didn't necessarily mean it was amazing value in and of itself, more that it's about the same bang/buck as a 980; NVIDIA didn't give it much of a "Titan tax", as it were.

My bad mate, I left out the € sign. I ment €500-600.

Cheapest 980ti on Evga's website is €739.
    http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=06G-P4-4990-KR&family=GeForce%20900%20Series%20Family&uc=EUR

I hope this release gives Amd a kick up its you-know-where and the incentive to release some info on their new offerings.

anyone share some advice on what 980TI to go for today?

anyone share some advice on what 980TI to go for today?

Evga seem to be good with warranty so i'd opt for them.
    Reference blower might be the best to go for if going sli.

Prices up on ocuk
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?catid=1914&groupid=701&sortby=priceAsc&subid=1402

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

game4it70 wrote: »
    Cheapest 980ti on Evga's website is €739.
    http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=06G-P4-4990-KR&family=GeForce%20900%20Series%20Family&uc=EUR

I hope this release gives Amd a kick up its you-know-where and the incentive to release some info on their new offerings.

AMD are certainly under pressure now to pull something out of the bag; I hope they do or gawd only knows what the pricing on the next-gen Pascal will be :D

glynf wrote: »
    AMD are certainly under pressure now to pull something out of the bag; I hope they do or gawd only knows what the pricing on the next-gen Pascal will be :D

Most definitely,we will all suffer inflated prices if not.

• Advertisement

Im going to get the EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked I reckon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement