Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Headshot wrote: »
    Im going to get the EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked I reckon

Nice one ya lucky fecker :P
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Headshot wrote: »
    Im going to get the EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked I reckon

And then watercool it, and then get another one, and then sell your rig... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I just bought the EVGA SC 980 ACX 2.0 on Thursday there and then they go and announce the 980 Ti! Luckily EVGA do a step-up program although I don't even need that extra power so I might not bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Any advice on the cheapest homeplugs that will take UPC 200megs through?
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MRTULES wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.

I've always used tp-link you can get them in Argos I think they are just under 50 euro for 500meg speed, i use them for satelite box's and pc never had a complaint with them.

• Advertisement

Donno if they are gonna be much cheaper in other places but dabs have put a few 980ti up ..... starting prices are 780 euro

http://www.dabs.ie/category/components-and-storage,graphics--tv-tuners-and-i-o,graphics-cards/11137?q=980ti

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Anyone else get a windows 10 icon on their taskbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MRTULES wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.

I could never get more than 50 no matter what homeplugs I used. Tried a few different ones including TP Link 500mb rated ones. In the end, I bought a 20metre flat ethernet cable and ran it to my PC. Full speed then alright!

Yhh its the update option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes I noticed that as well today, don't know if it was there yesterday or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Wasn't up yesterday for me anyways. Popped out at me immediately

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhh its the update option :)

When I first clicked on it I was full sure I was getting windows 10 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Haha class!

Yea but big $ limited edition, but still..wow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

One persons wow is another persons meh....

What about all the gaps in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Speed lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

A mate of mine is having no luck finding somewhere to deliver a mobo, anyone know where would ship a matx z77 or z68?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A mate of mine is having no luck finding somewhere to deliver a mobo, anyone know where would ship a matx z77 or z68?

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B008DYLWUW/ref=asc_df_B008DYLWUW26745633?smid=A2NXRUQ7SMK7MM&tag=geizhals10-21&linkCode=df0&creative=22510&creativeASIN=B008DYLWUW&childASIN=B008DYLWUW

Cheaper on mindfactory.de but I've never used them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What about all the gaps in it?
    Xenoronin wrote: »
    Speed lines.

Also a great place for children to stick fingers just as you hit the "open" button... :eek:

glhf with dust and air pressure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

When you buy a case like that, you aren't in the market for "Practicality" or "Children".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Xenoronin wrote: »
    When you buy a case like that, you aren't in the market for "Practicality" or "Children".

Manufacturer recommends you don't even turn the machine on.

not really

Solitaire wrote: »
    Also a great place for children to stick fingers just as you hit the "open" button... :eek:

glhf with dust and air pressure :pac:

As a rule of thumb anyone that comes near my gear risks loosing limbs anyway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So, Win10, will DX12 pull you into upgrading in July? Id love to sit on 7 for another 2yrs~ but if the performance is killer spose I'll have to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ED E wrote: »
    So, Win10, will DX12 pull you into upgrading in July? Id love to sit on 7 for another 2yrs~ but if the performance is killer spose I'll have to move.

Running the technical preview for months now and love it. So will be upgrading both my machines to Windows 10 July 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can you go back to 7/8 or do you lose the license when you take them up on the upgrade.

Hybrid R9 390X.
    Hmmm,so looks like the talk about the top tier card being called Fury has some merit.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45669/hands-one-powercolors-next-gen-radeon-r9-390x-video-cards/index.html

EDIT:
    I noticed they took the page down but i took pics just in case. :D

rVQLkH2.jpg

3rJLr6r.jpg

2aPzM8i.jpg

NsIYxgf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ED E wrote: »

Was somewhat similar feelings myself, although the absolutely consensus appears to be if you are on Win7, moving to 10 is a no brainer.

A lot was made about DX12 last week, but it was down to an utterly rubbish NVIDIA driver causing BSOD's. AMD preview driver worked fine.

I'm not so sure if DX12 will be mandatory in terms of you move to Windows 10, and all your **** uses DX12. Like before it, I'll assume DX11 will be the standard for a year before things move over to DX12.

I've decided after a few days reading to take the upgrade and be a first day adopter, doing a full clean install( Big deal, considering I ****ing HATE downloading everything again, config setup included)

Unsure what to do with my gaming SSD. It only has WoW and Diablo3 on it, but WoW is so important, including UI setup etc. I guess if I upgrade OS, I should format that SSD as well? Or would it be cool to leave as is across the upgrade?

WoW has been plug and play for years so in reality should be fine, but having some major issues since I changed CPU and MOBO a while back. SSD it sits on, WoW frequently crashes, but Steam games (on another SSD) doesn't. someone mentioned today to look into ugprading BIOS and look for SSD firmware updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also the high end GPU market is nuts. Imagine if you just dropped €1000 on a Titan to find alike what, a month later, a 980TI comes out that is pretty much neck and neck, for a few hundred quid cheaper.

This is why I don't early adopt on GPU's, so many issues and constant "if only I'd waited"

Perfectly delighted with the R9 290 I got, and I guess thats par for the course for me, I buy the high end card a few years after release when it moves down in price, to give me a massive bang for buck value.

Having done all that research into 970 vs 290 earlier this year, I don't know how anyone is an early adopter for GPUs. The variances and issues between manafacturers was staggering.

Headshot mentioned he ordered an EVGA which seemed to be a reliable brand of 970, but I'd have to wait for a while to see the reviews coming out of whats hot and whats not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement