Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Heaven 4.0 Avg Went from 27.5fps on an overclocked 280x to 35.4 on the stock 290

Good investment by my call

This is my score 290 overclocked.

357026.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This is my score 290 overclocked.

Jesus :eek: Gonna change the paste when my isopropyl arrives and OC it then

This thing is fecking loud though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

My blootooth USB thing is in the mail. Sooon...

Jesus :eek: Gonna change the paste when my isopropyl arrives and OC it then

This thing is fecking loud though :(

Mine is loud too but I have the sound way up playing games so don't hear it and head phones on at night.

Mine is loud too but I have the sound way up playing games so don't hear it and head phones on at night.

I wear headphones all the time so I'll be able to work around it :) can you PM your clocks please mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Very pleased with both runs on Heaven. Windows 10 has been a big improvement. Don't know why it's showing Windows 8 and DX11, but meh.

4157f1564ab2f894c8a54ae387c4ed7d.png

ace3ad2462b0db69c120a1314449e62b.png

Why you running a old version? Version 4 is most recent.

I think we both know the answer to that. It's because I'm an idiot who got the wrong version.

Back to work then!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well clean install was a breeze, was back up and running quickly after dling all my stuff. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I tried to force my install but it didnt want to work.
    Looks like i will have to wait

• Advertisement

Redfox25 wrote: »
    I tried to force my install but it didnt want to work.
    Looks like i will have to wait

You could just download the Media Creation Tool and install it directly. That's what I did after the force update gave an error.

Did it properly this morning. I really don't know why I'd gotten the wrong version months back.
    Still pretty pleased though!

b324221294f33dea6cb132b735132c14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Sonics2k wrote: »
    You could just download the Media Creation Tool and install it directly. That's what I did after the force update gave an error.
    I used that tool which worked fine bar it wouldn't activate.I did a clean install instead of an upgrade so that's what caused it not to activate.

I ended up having to install windows 8 then upgrade to 10 and then a fresh install of 10 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I bought Dragon Age inquisition

what a mistake. The camera has to be one of the worse camera's in a game

Did it properly this morning. I really don't know why I'd gotten the wrong version months back.
    Still pretty pleased though!

b324221294f33dea6cb132b735132c14.png

Where is average fps? Is 'fps' meant to be that? Why is it exactly at 60? What kind of benchmark is this lol

I got a 263% increase in the benchmark score after Overclocking...

FPS jumped from 35 to 94

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I got a 263% increase in the benchmark score after Overclocking...

FPS jumped from 35 to 94

Ya what? Sounds like power saving or something was f'cking your results.

Some ****e :pac:

The whole card was just in tits yesterday, I have vowed to not mess with it until I get W10 up and running, which I'm having serious bother with.

Where is average fps? Is 'fps' meant to be that? Why is it exactly at 60? What kind of benchmark is this lol

60.4 is the average FPS I'd assume.

Same test as wotzgoingon did. I'll try and screenshot directly in it later on when I'm doing the 1440p test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Sonicks2k, what kind of overclock are you running to get that result at 1080P? I'm getting 61FPS at 1080p with my 290 overclock (110mhz/1450mhz, not my max overclock but I run it 24/7 easily enough).

I would have thought the 970 would edge the 290 at 1080p; that being said, the drivers for the 290 have been getting lots of improvements, and I got a small bump in Windwos 10 too.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Pretty odd for the average FPS be within .4 of exactly 60, though. Is there some kind of v-sync part of the benchmark? Any time I run tests against actual games the average always odd numbers either way above 60 or below it if I try to push the graphics to max (rarely ever do, though).

Gumbi wrote: »
    Sonicks2k, what kind of overclock are you running to get that result at 1080P? I'm getting 61FPS at 1080p with my 290 overclock (110mhz/1450mhz, not my max overclock but I run it 24/7 easily enough).

I would have thought the 970 would edge the 290 at 1080p; that being said, the drivers for the 290 have been getting lots of improvements, and I got a small bump in Windwos 10 too.

Windows 10 hasn't been a massive boost for me really. Only gone up to 1418Mhz so far. Will be pushing it some more with time, but for now this is my current overclock.

ISrxKkih.png
    Fair enough. Pretty odd for the average FPS be within .4 of exactly 60, though. Is there some kind of v-sync part of the benchmark? Any time I run tests against actual games the average always odd numbers either way above 60 or below it if I try to push the graphics to max (rarely ever do, though).
    I have v-sync enabled. I do have a G-Sync monitor but I've no idea if that's contributing with this test.

The previous test I ran had 59.6 FPS.

My bad, my number was for Valley, just ran Heaven at 1120/1450 and got 59.2 (Tess is hurting me I think :P).

Windows 10 hasn't been a massive boost for me really. Only gone up to 1418Mhz so far. Will be pushing it some more with time, but for now this is my current overclock.

I have v-sync enabled. I do have a G-Sync monitor but I've no idea if that's contributing with this test.

The previous test I ran had 59.6 FPS.

Isn't that completely screwing your benchmark up, then? I mean the idea is to test how well the game runs, no? V-sync is capping that. I'm not a fan of benchmarking tools, either. Numbers from actual games is the only thing that matters.

Isn't that completely screwing your benchmark up, then? I mean the idea is to test how well the game runs, no? V-sync is capping that. I'm not a fan of benchmarking tools, either. Numbers from actual games is the only thing that matters.

Twas a typo. V-Sync is disabled.
    Hard to type accurately while playing with two kids playing around me and insisting on playing The Sims

Gumbi wrote: »

I knew the 290 and 970 were the same score in heaven while both overclocked, as I read threads on different forums where people posted their score. Sometimes either one will pull ahead of the other.

I got a small bump in performance with 10. The last score I posted was a older score I had saved to the pc. Below is mine in 10 updated to latest AMD drivers.

357144.jpg

I see. Perhaps it's the g-sync, then. Either way if your benchmarks are consistently coming out within a frame of 60 then they're not very useful at all. Should have a look into what's causing it. Unless "FPS" on that tool doesn't mean average, or I'm just not understanding how that benchmark tool runs overall. I'm only familiar with game benchmarks with no caps, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sonics2k whats the application on the left hand side of that pic? It says Finntastic

I knew the 290 and 970 were the same score in heaven while both overclocked, as I read threads on different forums where people posted their score. Sometimes either one will pull ahead of the other.

I got a small bump in performance with 10. The last score I posted was a older score I had saved to the pc. Below is mine in 10 updated to latest AMD drivers.

357144.jpg

The 290/390 will pull ahead at 1440p which is nice.

That's a nice score, what kind of overclock you running?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Sonics2k whats the application on the left hand side of that pic? It says Finntastic

NZXT's Cam software. Been using it for the last weeks or so since I started to move back into Overclocking. Very good monitoring tool. Simple UI and provides an overlay for games too, to keep a constant eye on things like FPS and Temps etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement