Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Unusual" house at Loughshinny pier

Options
  • 07-08-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

What's the story with that rather odd (I'm being nice) house at the gorgeous pier in Loughshinny, the house painted red with CCTV plastered in large writing on it and loads of junk hanging out of it? Are they on a campaign against the entire community or something?

It was a pretty ordinary house until a couple of years ago - here's the Streetview from March 2009, for instance.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

That's Chicks handy work. he's a colourful guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Duzzer

gaiscioch wrote: »
    What's the story with that rather odd (I'm being nice) house at the gorgeous pier in Loughshinny, the house painted red with CCTV plastered in large writing on it and loads of junk hanging out of it? Are they on a campaign against the entire community or something?

It was a pretty ordinary house until a couple of years ago - here's the Streetview from March 2009, for instance.

Why do you want to know? Where's your house do you have any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Duzzer wrote: »
    Why do you want to know? Where's your house do you have any pictures?

He's just asking. In fairness, it's pretty whacky and I think most people would wonder why it's painted the way it is.

Anything unusual in life will always draw questions and comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

BrensBenz - I have removed your last post. It is against the site rules to speculate on another poster's identity. We have a very strict policy on this. Please do not do so again.

tHB

He's just asking. In fairness, it's pretty whacky and I think most people would wonder why it's painted the way it is.

Anything unusual in life will always draw questions and comments.

I just thought the line of questioning was a bit odd and then posting up before and after pictures so they have really have put a bit of thought into it.

Everyone in loughshinny and some others around know the house and occupant so no need to be broadcasting it on the internet.

The real Duzzer was a legend must gone 30 years now but the legend lives on! Chicks and a couple of others are some of the last characters left in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

A nephew of mine from Loughshinney was on holidays in Spain when he saw the house come up on a TV program, he has no idea what the program was about but recognised the house. Any publicity is good publicity. :D

fergal.b wrote: »
    A nephew of mine from Loughshinney was on holidays in Spain when he saw the house come up on a TV program, he has no idea what the program was about but recognised the house. Any publicity is good publicity. :D

That's class. Tourists will be flocking to Loughshinny. El Chico would love that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Can you put up a picture of the house now.Id love to see it.?

cathy01 wrote: »
    Can you put up a picture of the house now.Id love to see it.?

If you click the words "rather odd" at the top of the page you will see it, there is also a photo of it here :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055683171&page=14

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there an explanation behind it though? The large painted CCTV, is that some sort of protest against CCTV being put in the area or something ? Each to their own I say, though I'm not sure the neighbours would feel the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Duzzer wrote: »
    I just thought the line of questioning was a bit odd and then posting up before and after pictures so they have really have put a bit of thought into it.

Everyone in loughshinny and some others around know the house and occupant so no need to be broadcasting it on the internet.

The real Duzzer was a legend must gone 30 years now but the legend lives on! Chicks and a couple of others are some of the last characters left in the area.

Great characters ok.

Can see "El Chick and "Sir Johno" on their own TV show.

Does Duzzer a very good footballer of the mid 80s still live in Loughshinny? Padraig was his christian name. Saw a picture on a Skerries F/B page of Duzzer on a boat in with Blood Wilde Kit Wilde and a Beggs, a very young Brian Beggs I think. Legends

Advertisement