Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you post more than once every 30 days? If so this post is not for you...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

The final few characters on each line have disappeared since this change has come into effect.

Ya it's the last letter of each line that disappears on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

The final few characters on each line have disappeared since this change has come into effect.

Hi Survayrman - we're checking into this now. An issue seems to have crept in during the transfer of the new templates from our test environment. Should be fixed shortly. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I have now added boards to the white list of ad blocker. I needs my daily boards fix and have been hanging out on boards for ages as my first go to place for all sorts of advice and fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

OSI wrote: »

I thought this was black belt ninja accounting skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

El Weirdo wrote: »
    All fine he

It's only happening when the ad is being displayed. After I posted the problem disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lan

Also having the problem with text getting cut off by the skyscraper ad.

I rarely post so will probably see these a lot, but that doesn't bother me, once they work correctly.

Currently on an ipad, so no option to temporarily block these ads. Glad I stumbled on to this thread or I'd still have the problem, and the bug was getting quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

OSI wrote: »
    Boards lost €445,000 last year.

not quite, it didn't. It lost 100k in the year according to the article and has accumulated losses since the beginning of 445k. These losses could have been accrued at any point.

And that's only a loss on paper, without being able to see the physical accounts its impossible to tell if it's an accounting loss only or if the are actually losing money. Depreciation can easily push a company from a small actual profit into a loss on paper for example. Or it could be setup to be purposely loss making to offset profits in other divisions of Distilled Media so they aren't needlessly paying tax.

Advertisement