Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Tablet blinking flashing after LCD change .. help!

• 07-08-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys, my brother left his acer Iconia B1 on his bed and it was sat on! I turned it on to find the screen white with a pink centre and cracked! The glass was intact so I knew it was the LCD ... I bought one online and opened the tablet and replaced it carefully I was very gentle as I didn't want to damage anything ... I closed it and charged it for 20 mins as it was dead .. It started the Acer symbol appeared but it started blinking or flashing white then the symbol the white again repeatively .... Every half a second ... I opened it again and it was very hot ... The piece you plug your charger into is connected to this metal box which I think is the CPU was roasting hot and I doubled checked all connections and tighten everything up again to make sure and still same result so guys what is it? It keeps blinking and now red hot! Thanks guys

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Was there any thermal paste on the CPU? When you put the device back together was the heatsink to cool the CPU properly affixed? I'd be looking into how the chips are cooled on the motherboard to see what could be causing it. Does the Acer logo load anymore? Or does the device appear dead?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 9 natho_1977

yoyo wrote: »
    Was there any thermal paste on the CPU? When you put the device back together was the heatsink to cool the CPU properly affixed? I'd be looking into how the chips are cooled on the motherboard to see what could be causing it. Does the Acer logo load anymore? Or does the device appear dead?

Nick

I'll have a check for that .. It doesn't even turn on no more it seems dead

Advertisement