Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicolas Roche in Dunshaughlin Meath 16th Aug

• 07-08-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Join Nicolas Roche for a leasure cycle in Dunshaughlin on Aug 16th. Don't delay entering as online entries will be closing shortly. Register at Meath-Summer-Classic.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

30 euros is reasonable ...if I were in Ireland I'd go defo but unfortunately not in country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Will you be heading out yourself Laurence? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Just registered for the 100K... looks like good craic!

Was this well organised last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Registered last night, should be a good spin. Start is only 300 metres from the apartment :-)

Borderfox wrote: »
    Registered last night, should be a good spin. Start is only 300 metres from the apartment :-)

Where does it start? Cant find much on the website - pretty poor design to be honest!

• Advertisement

Where does it start? Cant find much on the website - pretty poor design to be honest!

All routes described on website

http://www.meath-summer-classic.com/?page_id=10

Mayeb its your eyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is this replacing the Nico Roche Classic that was held in Oct for the past 2 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

just wondering when online entries close please? (and, is there an option to register on the day?). Just unsure if I can make it over, but will know better later in the week.
    thanks,
    andy

andy69 wrote: »
    just wondering when online entries close please? (and, is there an option to register on the day?).

Bit of info I did manage to find - 14th is the closing date for online registration. Doesn't mention anything about on the day
    andy69 wrote:
    All routes described on website

http://www.meath-summer-classic.com/?page_id=10

Mayeb its your eyes

For the 100K it looks like the start is outside the Community College or around that area, would have been nice to mention it in the description for people not from the area.

No mention of registration start times either...

Last year you could sign on on the day ...thik it might be the same this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Many boardsies doing this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Registered to do this, though it is a bit lagging behind similar events in terms of FAQ's, registration options and clarity of info. Even the actual route you have to dig out of the small icon for mapmyfitness. Here's the URL for it:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/464794744

No info on any food stops either, take it you just sort yourself out then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

No info on any food stops either, take it you just sort yourself out then?

pretty clear from the website
    100km wrote:
    When you arrive in Summerhill you can take a break at the Community Centre where there will be some refreshments.
    60km wrote:
    When you arrive in Summerhill you can take a break at the Community Centre where there will be some refreshments.
    The family spin is a simple route out and back the same road. Leaving Dunshaughlin heading out to Dunsany cross where there will be refreshments. Turn around and come back in the same route

Dunshaughlin is not that big a town/village i am sure the start/ sign on will be signposted on the morning.

Good stuff!

Out of interest, how many currently registered?

The route looks like it's been changed a bit too, doesnt go along the old N3 anymore - no harm it's a dodgy road to cycle

Good stuff!

Out of interest, how many currently registered?

I'm not involved in the organising but they had a "registrant search" function on the website that indicated about 300 online entries across all the categories.

You can rock up on the day also.

The route looks like it's been changed a bit too, doesnt go along the old N3 anymore - no harm it's a dodgy road to cycle

Good spot. 100km doesn't seem to have any semblance of a climb now.

Good spot. 100km doesn't seem to have any semblance of a climb now.

It's a pity because it actually bypasses Tara Hill which is a nice little climb... maybe they thought it figured too early in the 100.

Looking forward to this now - by the way a trip to Fidelma's after is highly recommended for those looking for some post-race greasy spoon!

• Advertisement

Had a nice spin on generally quite good roads, good marshaling and a decent food stop. Challenging breezes compensated for a very flat course but most seemed to be travelling at a good clip. Nico out and about plenty at the start though he didn´t make his way back to my bunch of stragglers.

3 or 4Km in, a lad took a serious looking tumble and was awaiting medical services. Hope he´s okay.

Were there many there ???

Really enjoyed it, had a quick chat with Nicholas asked him if he enjoyed the spin up to luggala.

Speed was high, was with a group till 50-60km but with a mate doing up and overs for the last 40. Ended with a 30.8 kmph average

http://app.strava.com/activities/180971533

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Bulmers

good spin today, going by the no's there must have been over 400, I was 387 when registered on site this morning anyway.

Strong head winds but it was fast, there was a few strong lads on the front, struggled to keep up with them after 70km but I had 32.7kmph avg in the end, came in just over 3hrs which is alot quicker than I normally do 100k, last 10k though was hard going.. literally rolled in.

Seen the guy in the accident, hope he was ok.

400 people for the 100k seems about right. Seriously fast course. As a newby in stiff breezes, I'm delighted with my 27.2kph.

G0017387_1_zpsbd068a83.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

Did nico get finished first.?

Wat was his time?

He rode 25km with us and then went back to ride out with the shorter distance, nice guy had plenty of time to chat with everyone that was cycling with him

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Bulmers wrote: »
    good spin today, going by the no's there must have been over 400, I was 387 when registered on site this morning anyway.

Strong head winds but it was fast, there was a few strong lads on the front, struggled to keep up with them after 70km but I had 32.7kmph avg in the end, came in just over 3hrs which is alot quicker than I normally do 100k, last 10k though was hard going.. literally rolled in.

Seen the guy in the accident, hope he was ok.

He's OK - sore shoulder and hip but nothing broken - he cycled the full 100km - very grateful to the two guys who helped him - a club from the North with yellow and blue cycling jerseys.

• Advertisement

Had a nice spin on generally quite good roads, good marshaling and a decent food stop. Challenging breezes compensated for a very flat course but most seemed to be travelling at a good clip. Nico out and about plenty at the start though he didn´t make his way back to my bunch of stragglers.

3 or 4Km in, a lad took a serious looking tumble and was awaiting medical services. Hope he´s okay.

He's fine - just sore

I asked Nico about the Sky rumours and he smiled and said he couldn't say ... he's without a contract but said it would be sorted this week - also said a couple of other teams were reported as potential new teams ... no Vuelta for him - his next event is Hamburg.

Really pleasant guy - soft spoken and a bit shy but very patient and understanding - the kids loved him and he was brilliant with them.

Good event despite my brother in law going down early - nobody's fault - narrow road - big group - car meeting us - it happens, but he got back on and completed it and is fine but sore.

UGsparky ...you probably got more out of him that a journalist would

Should have sent you a T-Shirt with ABS (anything but Sky) on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Any pics doing the rounds??

Advertisement