Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork for a week

Options
  • 07-08-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for some specific advise or recommendations.
    Myself and the wife are heading down to West Cork this weekend and have most of our accomadation/location sorted. This will be our second trip down. we were there 3 years ago and loved it.

Anyway we are starting off in Castlefreke for two nights followed by two nights in Roscarberry. I know both are relatively close to each other but we just had to revisit the b&b we stayed in the last time in Roscarberry as we loved it so much the last time.

So that brings us up to Thursday. We are planning to head for Kenmare on the Saturday and Sunday and so are looking for somewhere in between to base ourselves on the Thursday and Friday night. The last time we stayed in Goleen and Castletownbare and really liked both but we had more time then, with two nights in both. Now we want to base ourselves somewhere for the two nights where we can head out towards both and the surrounding areas that is sort of inbetween the two.

Any recommendations? So far have looked at Schull, Bantry and Glengarriff.
    We will be staying in a b&b where ever we end up so if anyone has a b&b recommendation as well it would be greatly appreciated.

Bantry is looking the most likely at the moment as there seems to be a bigger choice of places to stay(bigger place I know) but Schull and Glengarriff were really nice areas to visit too and have the advantage of being a lot smaller than Bantry.

is there anywhere else Im missing out on as a possible choice to base ourselves for covering both the Beara and Mizen head areas?

Comments

Advertisement