Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Stationary Solution

Options
  • 07-08-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello,

I work for a business that deals with cost optimization solutions, and we're looking for a company to outsource reasonably priced stationary supplies from. We're a Galway based company, but we operate nationwide so the location of the supplier isn't a huge deal.

Any sort of help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Have you tried Vistaprint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Stationery as in pens, post it notes etc or as in printed letterheads etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CarlowGraphics

We might help you. google Carlow Graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Connollacken

Yea stationery like pens etc.

I'll have a look at Carlow Graphics now, thanks. Do you do free delivery though?

Is there somebody at Carlow Graphics who could do a price comparison on a set of invoices that I have? The site looks good, but all I'm looking for is basic stationery. Although if one of our clients is looking to expand or improve their premises, I'd know where to start looking for a solution :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Kendlebell

Try Xpert Office Supplies in Straffan. Robert Carass is the contact. 01 6278755.

Will do. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Hello,

I work for a business that deals with cost optimization solutions, and we're looking for a company to outsource reasonably priced stationary supplies from. We're a Galway based company, but we operate nationwide so the location of the supplier isn't a huge deal.

Any sort of help would be much appreciated.

A cost optimisation solutions business that is looking for pricing sources for the most basic of business staples ( pun intended!), WOW, how embarrassing!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

pedronomix wrote: »
    A cost optimisation solutions business that is looking for pricing sources for the most basic of business staples ( pun intended!), WOW, how embarrassing!

Sounds like a great business model. Charge the client for optimising their procurement, outsource the donkey work to boardsies at no cost

I'm going to spend the rest of the morning considering what other industries this could be applied to :pac:

Granted it is the most basic aspect of a business. So basic that a company should be able to do it themselves. However, they do not. Also, considering there is more than one office supplies outlet in Ireland, I would assume that prices tend to vary. They do.
    What better place than Boards to present a query, considering MOST people are more than willing to help you with it, on something so insignificant in relation to a company's expenditure. Cost savings on office supplies isn't exactly going to blow anybody's mind, but nevertheless I think our clients would like to know that we have their best interests at heart.
    Also, donkey work is a funny way of calling; sitting at your computer and replying to a thread. I'm sure all those other people who voiced their assistance are exhausted now.

Regards

• Advertisement

I would expect whoever is responsible in the office for supplies procurement to shop around, even on boards.ie As a business owner I would expect a professional cost reduction analyst company to KNOW where the best deals are and have relationships with such suppliers to get ME the best pricing.

I am reminded of the "professional rates consultants" who went around counting electrical sockets as a basis for a rates appeal!!

You would think that, but quite a lot of businesses are still attached to a supplier that they've had since the glory days of the Celtic Tiger, and have neglected to shop around for a better solution. This is the first time that office supplies has been on our list of areas to reduce costs in, considering most of the time it's probably taken out of the company's petty cash. You're right though, we do have to KNOW where the best deals are and build relationships with suppliers. I spend most of my time doing this, you see. Hence why I forwarded our client's interests onto Boards, so that people like YOU, who have shopped around for better pricing, could assist me in finding an alternative solution to their current supplier.

I assure you that the client's business aspects of higher concern are dealt with outside Boards, having already built a raporrt with a number of different suppliers. Satisfaction guaranteed

This has turned into a petty thread and no one benefits. Pedronomix since you are a business owner, you yourself might be aware of a cheap supplier on the market, which would be of great help to me. Otherwise I see no point in arguing back and forth since unreasonable assumptions are being made, and accusative fingers are being pointed

Such duties are below my pay grade, and if I were to look after getting the best prices for pens etc, we would have the highest cost at the lowest price pens in Ireland.

Massively competitive market with all the lowest price players offering online stores etc. A simple google search will yield many. Delivery charges can be an issue for low value orders, so sometimes the small local guy with free delivery is cheapest. For general stock replenishing orders for all the offices, an email or fax list to be fully priced and totalled by the vendors is sent to the 3 or 4 companies that have won the most recent orders. Lowest total inc delivery wins. It is a junior office person task, work valued at around €10/hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i would of thought that saving a few cent here and there on something like pens and postits would NOT be the most cost effective way of saving money

lets face it if you even spend 1 hr looking around for the best deal, and your time is worth say 50 euros an hr thats quite a large saving on pens etc you need to make it worth your while

Cheapest is NOT always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

currently I use the stationary aisle in Tesco. i get a trolley, throw in what I need and pay at the till where i get a vat receipt. takes 5 minutes. And outside of business hours of course.

stcstc wrote: »
    i would of thought that saving a few cent here and there on something like pens and postits would NOT be the most cost effective way of saving money

lets face it if you even spend 1 hr looking around for the best deal, and your time is worth say 50 euros an hr thats quite a large saving on pens etc you need to make it worth your while

Cheapest is NOT always the best.

It really isn't, you're right. I've gotten a few different quotes from people, and I was able to find savings of about €20 over a 3 month period. At max.. Location also comes into it when searching for a new supplier. It's still good to be able to analyse their expenditure in this area.

As I said though, stationery is the least of our worries considering we can save some clients thousands on their electricity or lights over a year. So I won't be racking my brains too hard on this one.

50 euros an hour sure would be nice though...

Advertisement