Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rover SD1 2000

Options
  • 07-08-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Any idea how much an early 80's Irish Reg Rover SD1 2000 would go for ?

It's a rare old beast, not many 2 litre SD1 left.

2d01awk.jpg

xmqwrc.jpg

1zxno07.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

What is the story with it? I don't know when I last saw an Irish reg SD1

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

justmyself wrote: »
    Any idea how much an early 80's Irish Reg Rover SD1 2000 would go for ?

Very little. The prices of classic cars here have collapsed in the recession and are unlikely to recover any time soon. Maybe try selling it in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

Even in the U.K. SD1's are not worth that much, especially the 2600/2300/2000.

I bought a Series 1 V8 a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It's not worth a whole pile really. Even an original one with NCT, a full history and low mileage would struggle to make it past 2k in the UK never mind Ireland. As it is, it looks like a medium restoration is needed.

However there is a demand for these in the UK as they are now getting turned into classic racers. If it has windy windows and no sunroof you might be in luck.

If it was mine, I'd contact the owners club and see if there is any interest. Irish ones are rare much like people here willing to properly restore them.

Alternatively, give this guy a call as he has transport and a huge interest in them. He may buy it or know someone who will. I've met him before.

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/vintagecars-for-sale/rover-sd1-2300s/7268772

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭justmyself

ba_barabus wrote: »
    It's not worth a whole pile really. Even an original one with NCT, a full history and low mileage would struggle to make it past 2k in the UK never mind Ireland. As it is, it looks like a medium restoration is needed.

However there is a demand for these in the UK as they are now getting turned into classic racers. If it has windy windows and no sunroof you might be in luck.

If it was mine, I'd contact the owners club and see if there is any interest. Irish ones are rare much like people here willing to properly restore them.

Alternatively, give this guy a call as he has transport and a huge interest in them. He may buy it or know someone who will. I've met him before.

Gentleman ba_barabus - thank you very much for the advice and contact.

I think I'll sell it, I have a few cars and i can't see myself restoring this anytime soon... so might be nice to pass it on to someone who really wants one. No sense in having it hidden away any longer. Should be shared with the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭justmyself

DaveCol wrote: »
    What is the story with it? I don't know when I last saw an Irish reg SD1

No real story DaveCol other than it was my intention to restore it the past number of years and then i went and bought a Kadett C last year. So the SD1 has been put on the back burner.

I love classic cars. And like paintings they need to be shown off, not hidden away. So my heart is saying 'why not let someone else enjoy it' ... but the head's saying 'you'll regret giving it away'

Decisions decisions. No. I'd prefer for someone else to have it's pleasure. Anyone interested in it?

justmyself wrote: »
    Anyone interested in it?
    Yes. I love them. Infact hugely interested but as I bought a car yesterday I only (literally) have peanuts to offer for it. My new car is posted elsewhere but if you are happy to let it go PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Love the screen top sticker

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Love the Dublin reg from August 1982.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

85 one in the UK sold at £3975

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C393520

Might be worth pumping the tyres and giving it a polish :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Capri wrote: »
    85 one in the UK sold at £3975

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C393520

Might be worth pumping the tyres and giving it a polish :rolleyes:

It was advertised at 3795 ONO so we don't know what it sold for. Next up its in as new condition with 13k miles. It's slightly different to the OPs car. One will be a collectors car the other won't. It would probably take more than 3750 to bring the ops car into similar condition but it'll never have a FSH or 13k miles.

So in short, they're not comparable :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Forgive me for going off topic, but the owner of the one in the link isn't John Friel by any chance?

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Forgive me for going off topic, but the owner of the one in the link isn't John Friel by any chance?

I'd be misleading you if I said I knew. I've met him and a great guy he is too but I can't remember his name, I'm not sure if he actually told me what it was. He builds race engines and has had some amazing SD1's through his hands.

I'd be misleading you if I said I knew. I've met him and a great guy he is too but I can't remember his name, I'm not sure if he actually told me what it was. He builds race engines and has had some amazing SD1's through his hands.

Ah, different person so! John Friel is up around that direction too though. He has a cracking Irish 3500 SD, that was for sale when I met him last. And a collection of about 20 ADO16s.

10610740_774342679274625_4071225967313510871_n.jpg?oh=b231ba1204f996ee49e8ca1d38b5c4ad&oe=547302C8&__gda__=1417512702_6c8793540c3836bc6e854579174d9262

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Ah, different person so! John Friel is up around that direction too though. He has a cracking Irish 3500 SD, that was for sale when I met him last. And a collection of about 20 ADO16s.
    The guy I met told me about that car so it must be a different person. Very nice to see it however, thanks for sharing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I bought a car yesterday

A '91 Citroen BX? Needs its own thread. With pics!

Well wear :)

unkel wrote: »
    A '91 Citroen BX? Needs its own thread. With pics!

Well wear :)
    I'm picking it up at the end of the month at a French car display in Kilkenny. I only have pictures from the previous owner at the minute but so far I'm really happy with it :cool:

IMG_4839.jpg

Those wheel trims are class on the BX!

I only have pictures from the previous owner at the minute

Mr Porter?

macplaxton wrote: »
    Mr Porter?

No, not a Mr. Porter. I'd rather not give the name out on the thread but do feel free to PM.

• Advertisement

Ok, because he owned it a while ago. Looking at those location pics, it'll be Mr. X.

I joined them a few years back on a trip to Mosney. The following year Mr P had a very beigy/brown Visa :D. It was just too beige for me! But it was in cracking condition.

That white XM in the back of the first photo is a cracker too. Ex-Kilkenny if IIRC.

macplaxton wrote: »
    Ex-Kilkenny if IIRC.

You've got a PM :)

That XM is special, but it's not an ex-kk one....

Advertisement