Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 11 simple(ton) questions

Options
  • 07-08-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I've never had any dealings with revenue in Ireland, (apart from lamenting deductions on payslips long long ago) and I'd appreciate some quick help from you kind people of this forum.

For my part, I have looked around their website, called them on the phone and I've read the Guide Book. I really don't have a head for this stuff.

The answers must be obvious to anyone familiar with a Form 11(E) so if you feel it's not putting you out, please share!!

a) What goes in the blank white rectangles at the top of Page 1?

b) What are valid entries for "Capacity of Signatory"? (me)

c) I have invoiced and been paid in Ireland by a govt body for computer programming. Is that B - INCOME FROM TRADES, PROFESSIONS etc..
    or is it D - INCOME FROM IRISH EMPLOYMENTS etc.. If B do I ignore D and vice-versa?

d) I have a Witholding Tax form, I should enter the amount of tax deducted in line 116, correct? Ah it says CONSULTANCY on it, so should I write this on page in Nature of Primary Trade... ?

e) I got 10 cent interest on my Irish deposit account, and DIRT was deducted. Do I need to enter this? (seriously, I don't want them sending it back due to errors.)

f) ACCOUNTS - In the year in question, I have some small income from computer jobs. Some in the state, some not. None of it sums anything near 10,000. Do I just sum it and enter it in line 123?

g) Can I pretty much ignore the rest of the form? (sections F-N).

Many thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭whytek

Nobody has 2 mins to help out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Not allowed to give "structured advice" on this forum, only really allowed to say "get an accountant" which is not what you want to hear...

Try this: www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/guide-pay-file.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭swanvill

Hi,
    A) sounds like this should be your name & address
    B) "Taxpayer" would be a valid entry
    C) this is income from trades & professions, going on what you state. You can ignore D if you have No employment income
    D) the withholding tax form is from the payment from your programming work for a govt body?
    E) no you can rely on natural rounding for all boxes that do not have spaces for cents
    F) I can't answer this from the information supplied
    G) maybe
    Tbh you should call/email an accountant get a quote, it might costs a lot less than you think, s/he might also save you more money than their fees cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭whytek

Many thanks!

As regards advice and "get an accountant", the charter says:
    "What I want is somewhere that people can turn to for basic knowledge and references on a host of things tax related."

I doubt an accountant would pick up the phone for the amounts I am claiming at this time, for example < 120€ in one of the years, and I don't believe that any community should be forced to turn to professional services for such simple things, you are entitled to disagree :)

What I've heard back from asking around is that the Tax folks are pretty forgiving and they do their best to decipher and correct errors on the returns they receive. Given that I need MY money back from THEM, it's in my interest to get it right.
    So I get it now.. the earnings are not employment, they are professional.. I'll fill it out best I can and drop into their offices and hopefully I can find someone to clarify any remaining doubt.

It's not clear if I should staple the PSWT reciepts to the return, but I will ask them this also in the office.

thanks again!! both of you.

be well.

Advertisement