Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canoeing or kayaking for beginners

Options
  • 07-08-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi

Thinking of booking a group of us to go kayaking or canoeing on a visit to Northern Ireland in September but some of us are beginners, just wondering which is more fun and probably easier?

Has anybody heard of Clearsky or One Great Adventure in Downpatrick, NI?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Oleander wrote: »
    Hi

Thinking of booking a group of us to go kayaking or canoeing on a visit to Northern Ireland in September but some of us are beginners, just wondering which is more fun and probably easier?

Has anybody heard of Clearsky or One Great Adventure in Downpatrick, NI?

Thanks

I'd say canoeing in Canadian canoes is probably the best for a mixed group, and have one experienced and one novice in each canoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 planes01

My brother in law has a canoe and rarely uses Iit. Im thinking of buying it off him as we live near a lake.
    Im just wondering if there is any way of fixing oars onto a canoe as id be more comfortable rowing than paddling?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 planes01

My brother in law has a canoe and rarely uses Iit. Im thinking of buying it off him as we live near a lake.
    Im just wondering if there is any way of fixing oars onto a canoe as id be more comfortable rowing than paddling?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

I'm there are adapted canoes out there, although making your own one I'm not sure. Being honest paddling is fine, I would have thought the same as you at one stage but its not an issue, single or double canoes. You can get a tie as well to attach to the paddle in case you lose it, just pull it back in.

Give it a go a few times before you do anything to the canoe would be my advise.

Advertisement